Chapter 39. returning to school.

Arabella's POV:

It was a fortnight later. I had healed faster than the nurses and doctors thought I would. Noah was getting me back to Aurroran River. Iris was also in the car with me.

"I believe everyone will be happy to see you, Darling," she said. "Although Lopez and the ladies may not. Though our little group."

I drew her close to me. "I longed for every member of our small group." I confessed. "Yet the one I missed most .. uh."

Iris chuckled.

"ah, Bella," she chuckled. "I've longed for you also."

Noah grinned at the pair of us. "You both caught sight of one another every night."

"But not the entire day," said Iris. "And I didn't see her."

"I've fallen behind on attendance in quite a few classes," I sighed.

"We aren't truly starting things until you return," said Iris. "Currently it is the weekend you know?"

I gazed at her. "Alright,"

Noah turned and went in them grounds. I glanced at our school, feeling a sense of calm. Luckily they expelled Georgina and slapped cuffs on Pipa and Natalie. Two folks were waiting as we pulled up behind Port home.

"Are you back?" Daisy hurried towards the car the moment we came to a halt. "Elvira! Bella has come!"

I exited the car and greeted Elvira and Daisy with a hug. "So you two have finally reunited after ... hmm? ... ten years?"

"Twelve," said Elvira. "Twelve, Bella. I had lived in that orphanage before your going there."

"Oh, yes," I said. "Has Basil gotten sorted?"

"Come along and take a look," said Elvira.

Iris and Noah came after us. We could hear barking.

"Basil is simply lovely," said Daisy. "She's the best pup."

"Iris is the one who thought about it," I said.

"Pardon?" Iris asked.

"You said that Basil become the emotional support dog," I said. "Do you recall?"

"Indeed, yes," said Iris.

The barking grew louder.

"Bella," we heard Anastasia say.

The door swung open and Basil came to me. I extended my arms and the canine jumped up and licked me. Anastasia came and hugged me tightly.

"Welcome back here, Bella."

"Thanks," I said. "Hello, puppy. Missing me?"

Basil woofed. I chuckled.

"Everyone did miss you, Bel," said Daisy. "Even Alice and Henry asked about you."

"What bout Maria and Solstice?" I asked nibbling on my lip. "What about Mrs Lopez?"

"Everyone sans them," said Elvira.

"Please enter," said Anastasia. "Hot chocolate will be soon."

We all entered the room. I was grateful to return. I placed the dog on the ground and she quickly dashed towards blankets in the corner. I took a seat and grinned at Elvira and Daisy. Iris settled down next to me. Noah held me.

"I should head home now," he said. "I haven't caught sight of the other children in about a month. They must be wondering about me."

"Very well," we said. "Farewell,"

"Farewell, ladies," Noah exited the room.

When he left, Iris sighed. "It's rather strange, being with him day and night. And now I must grow used to visiting him eight times per annum."

"We shall," I said.

"I slipped my mind," Iris looked rather nervous.

We all began to chuckle. Oh dear Iris! She wasn't absent minded. There must be something troubling her. Poor lass.

***

A/:

This is chapter 39.

Did you like it?