Chapter 74. Great new round

Arabella's POV:

Noah escorted me out of the building. The tears wouldn't stop flowing. He noticed and hugged me tightly. "What did happened, Dear? Why is you crying?"

"I proper miss my folks, Noah!" I got me voice back. "Auntie mentioned it and Iris went proper mad."

"I get your missing them," spoke Noah hugging me. "I miss them as well! Hugo was my top mate. Always just me, Stasia and your folks. That's why Stasia always got her eye on you. You know."

The bobbies walked on over at that moment. "Cheers for the heads up, Mr Bailey."

Noah grinned. "If it weren't for me daughter and her mates, we wouldn't have clocked on."

"Daysi," I sighed. "She had told Elvira."

"Elvira texted me." Noah messed my hair, getting a smile outta myself. "I had to give Port a bell to double check. Stasia was well shocked."

"Please enter," Stasia said to the officer. "You could be gobsmacked by the happenings inside."

The officer then entered. Stasia, Dahlia and Elvira went to Noah and I. Daysi was fidgeting. Did Stasia do anything? "Shall we return to Port? Iris deserves celebration."

"Course," said Elvira smiling. "Couldn't be such chuffed."

"Yes," I said. "Way she stood up to the pair of them."

"Has Daysi alright?" Noah questioned.

"She's coming round." Anastasia said sighing. "Us was on time, this once. Not like the last time."

Me and Elvira breathed a sigh of happiness.

"Seems to me you lot are made of tough stuff," said Elvira. "You survived. And Daysi did too. You are well strong lasses."

"That bullet looks proper bogus," I clocked.

"Where the bleeding hell am I?" Said a feeble voice.

"Oh Daysi!" Dahlia was proper chuffed. "You're out here. With me, Stasia, Elvira, Noah and Bella."

"But, but where is Basil and Iris?" Daysi did asked as Anastasia helped her stand up.

"We'll inform," sighed Noah. "Just when we are in Port."

"Very," said Daysi. "Dear, Bella. You shed tears!"

"It's fine," I sighed. "A little thing my auntie mentioned!"

Daysi come and patted me. "Your parents? Don't fret. Before Natalie shot me she had done the same bout me father."

"Tthe wench," said Elvira coming over. "Miss father, as well, Days."

Sisters embraced. "Longed for you." They chimed in unison.

I grinned at the girls. "Come along, you pair! The others are moving ahead now."

I saw Dahlia, Noah and Stasia going ahead to the houses. The siblings and I trailed behind. However I couldn't help but fret about Iris.

***

Upon our retturn to the safety of Port, I hurried to the room shared by Iris and myself and settled onto my bed. I got my mobile which had been left charging on the bed. I saw a message from Jess saying her concern for our wellbeing. I pressed her number and anxiously waited her to pick up.

"Hiya," said her voice out the mobile. "Is that you, Bel?"

"Hi, Jess," I said. "Assume you're curious bout what happened?"

"Dad was speaking to Cousin Isla on the mobile when he gotten the call from your mate," said Gracie. "I was concerned bout you and Ira. Knew that both our Auntie's had broke free. It was on the news in France here."

"You sis was quite impressive," I said. "never expected her to confront them considering hardships your aunt caused. It was  as though something just went in her mind and clicked."

"Iris is such a handful, isn't she," laughed Gracie. "But that's my sister. I believe she thought she could take on both her and your auntie for the three of us girls."

"Perhaps," I sad. "Are you quite alright, anyway?"

"Goodness," said Gracie. "I really find it tough here. I long to return to Dad and Iris. But one can never know when another such thing will arise or not."

She sighed. "I'm feeling more relaxed with my dogs and cats right now. It's less painful, if you catch my drift."

I nodded. "Animals are quite comforting during hard times."

Gracie nodded. "Indeed. It's quite nice to have them close by."

I felt bad for her. the twin to me loving girlfriend was having a tough time. I wished i could assist her.

————————––

A/N:

This was difficult for  me to write. Here it is though. The following chapter will also be from Arabella's POV.

Kitty out!