Chapter 67.: What's happening? The beginning of the fun.

Iris's POV:

Once Bella made her exit, Basil rested a paw on my lap. She was sensing my emotional state.

"I'm alright, girl!" I extended my hand and she licked it.

"I believe Bella isn't right," said Daisy. "She's rather odd."

"Could be because she's had a troubled life," I said. "Loosing both parents and being moved round one place to another."

"Her breathing hasn't been that way in while," said Daisy. "As you was drugged, she almost died from not breathing, Ira."

"What pity," I sighed. "Instructed her to be with you and Dahlia."

"She returned when they brought you to the hospital to help in getting it out you." Daiysy said. "Although it was clear she wished to be by your side. She didn't touched her food either. Thankfully the teachers were aware the thing. Tutor even allowed her to stay in the room to keep watch over her. She so frightened you could of perished."

"Poor girl," I said. "I was in her shoes when Auntie shot her. She has suffered much more in the aspect of death."

I hugged Basil who barked. "There there, Basil."

"It was wonderful Basil was with us then." Daisy gave Basil a pat too. "She help Bella. You dad brought her home following day."

"Bella skipped school also?" I felt a tad upset.

"Yes," said Daysi. "She wasn't doing it. I despise telling you, Iris. Though she found mark up and down her arms."

"What?" I felt unwell. "She removed my knife from me."

Daisy was silent.

***

Noah's POV:

I took a seat on the sofa. Christmas was a hectic period for the entire Bailey family. Not only for my side of the family, but for my sister and Gracie as well. I felt guilty about Iris and Gracie being separated at the age of five. But Natalie would harm Gracie. What other choice did I have?

Bella entered the room, seeming scared. She held her phone in her hand. "Um ... Noah?" She walked to me. "May I have a word with you, please? Now."

I moved aside for her. "Certainly! Anything alright?"

"Afraid not," said Bella taking a seat.

"The matter?" I placed my arm round her. "You seem like you're itching to release it!"

"Gracie is sending me concerning messages," said Bella. "She doesn't want me to inform Bella."

I grabbed her phone and scanned the texts. Bella nestled next to me, trembling slightly...

"I'm aware of this," I mentioned. "She must go to the hospital often due to it."

"Typhoid disease though?" Bella seemed quite upset. "Your family has rather poor luck when it comes down to it."

"What was her saying on skype?" I asked. "Regarding matters?"

"Nothing," said Bella. "She was concerned about me and Iris."

"She informed them cousin Isla required her," said Winter who overheard me. "She seemed unwell, dad!"

"She's perfectly alright," said Bella.

Winter left the room and shut that door.

"Pray attend to me, Bella." I rubbed her back. "Do not disclose this to Iris. Gracie is on antibiotics to try to help combat it. But we're uncertain if she'll live through it and survive."

"Ah," said Bella. "Though we can, can't we? If she came back to Irwen, she'll have better treatments here, right?"

"We're considering that option," I sighed. "Though Isla is worried about allowing Gracie to come here. She's afraid Gracie may get bad memories about the day things happened."

"She mentioned she wasn't fond of jewellery," said Bella.

"Not," I said. "She doesn't wear any necklaces or bracelets. She was here when it happened. She developed a dislike for jewellery after I saved her. Iris was the one who saved her life. Poor girl."

"Natalie harmed her?" Bella was rather pale. "That horrid bitch."

___

A/N:

Here is chapter 67. II simply wanted to express my thanks for your support on this story. It's almost at 1k reads. Thank you very much. And I had to split the POV's for a reason. Because I wanted to do both Iris and Noah's POV for a certain reason.

I do hope you enjoyed this chapter.