CHAPTER 177: Cornering who? (1)

If one wishes to cross over the entire lava mountain forest they have to spend at least four months, that is if they were on a smooth journey. So far, these thousands of years no one has ever managed to safely cross over the lava mountain forest let alone have a smooth journey.

The next morning, just as the sun rose and the birds sang welcoming a new day, Yu Yue's group started moving at an uneventful pace. They meet a lot of unfortunate people but they just mind their own business.

"miss, some group were eyeing us. They thought we have a treasure as we rarely get attacked by strong beasts and we didn't suffer from poisonous insects as well" tian shi warned as she looks around guardedly. She's more vigilant to her surroundings compared to the others as she has the advantage of her sharp eyes and good hearing.

"I did notice some groups interacting with other groups earlier, now that I think of it it's indeed weird" Xing Er curled her lips with cold eyes nonchalantly, Xing Yi also look around coldly. In a place where one's safety comes first, who would make friends casually?

Lady Shan Shou was stunned, she was too focused on looking for the fire dragon grass and didn't pay much attention to her surroundings. She pinches her sides guiltily for getting distracted, she just couldn't help but look for it even though she knows it would only appear in the deepest part of the inner area. She just doesn't want to miss the chance just in case.

Yu Yue just pursed her lips, she didn't think they would get targeted just because of this, besides the stronger ones could instinctively feel fear towards their group and avoided them "just let them be, we aren't afraid of trouble anyways if they did come" she muttered as she made wild guesses casually while preparing the pockets of luring powder to sprinkle in their faces if they did act.

They heard her words so they didn't worry about it anymore, they could already tell she have a plan.

On the other hand, the lecherous first prince of the Huxian empire gnashed his teeth in anger. He was the one who instigated these people, when he saw yu yue's group they deliberately slowed down to hide their existence and plan their revenge.

He couldn't disregard the humiliation he suffered yesterday so he wants to regain some face today. He was scolding those he instigated deep in his heart as they still didn't make a move yet.

They aren't fools, they saw what transpired yesterday and didn't want to unnecessarily provoke Yu Yue's group.

But seeing that Yu Yue's group was still unharmed, and only Xing Yi would make a move now and then, compared to their group who were having a hard time dealing with the spirit beasts their greedy hearts couldn't hear the alarm bells on their head.

They also assumed that these women were just relying on Xing Yi's strength alone as they look delicate and weak. They were curious as well about Tian Shi's sudden appearance as they haven't seen her with them yesterday entering the mountain but seeing that she wasn't a threat at all they steeled their hearts as there are many of them and there are only five people in Yu Yue's party.

Their master is just a little girl with meager cultivation too so they were only guarded by Xing Yi.  Yu Yue and the others didn't even enter their eyes.

Seeing their calculative faces, Xing Yi could somewhat tell their thoughts based on their expressions so he coldly smiled at them with pity.