CHAPTER 112: Hot potato (1)

Later that night when little fatty and the others arrived the usually lively Yu manor resembles a ghost manor, even the maids and shadow guards disappeared mysteriously.

Only Xing Yi and xing er are guarding the manor and Yu Yue and little xi wang were having a lovely dinner.

Yu Yue's mood also gets much better. She's not as preoccupied now after cooking many dishes as the others would be back around this time today.

"you guys; I've been waiting for you all" Yu Yue smiled as she invited them to have dinner.

"oh ancestors, you all came too" Yu Yue bowed as she greeted them not surprised because they often came here to cultivate, and to say it bluntly they were living off here.

"ahahaha, of course" the ancestors all laugh rather weirdly.

Yu Yue immediately pick it up and her heart thumped loudly as a bad premonition budded in her heart the longer she looks at them.

"oh right, where are your subordinates? Why don't I see any?" ancestor tian said awkwardly trying to cover their true intentions.

The others also tried their best to act natural, they sighed in their hearts at this little girl's quick-wittedness, she could instantly tell that something was wrong.

Little fatty and the others just eat, pretending not to know anything no matter how Yu Yue eyed them.

"I send them to seclusion" she replied shortly as she invited them to join their dinner as well and they shamelessly eat with gusto.

"oh, I see. hahaha" ancestor tian nodded.

"right, ancestors. Did you all come here today to cultivate? Why didn't you bring some of your clansmen and disciples?" she asked doubtfully.

"that---, actually we came here to finalize our private deal and to talk about some matters concerning the city and the city lord" ancestor de started with a dramatic sigh.

The others also copied his great example and started acting depressed and frustrated.

Yu Yue can't take it anymore as she rolled her eyes at their childish antics and sound them out to test the waters, "what is it? I might be able to help" she said rather cautiously in a casual manner.

Her expression already calmed because she did hear about the tragic end of the city lord, and as a resident of the city she should also help out in times of need.

But who knows their expressions would suddenly take a dramatic turn and beam at her full of hope.

"no, you might not just be able to help. You're our only hope" ancestor Zhuang beamed as he rubbed his hands together in a fawning manner.

Yu Yue's heart was full of regret as she steadied herself trying to brush off her uneasiness as it rapidly intensified.

"Oh, let me hear it" she spoke while pausing, feigning intrigued. She closes her eyes mentally as there's no point in return for her after just casually asking two to three questions. She really wants to quickly flash inside the space and wash her hands clean. 

"It's like this little Yu Yue. The city is in turmoil and out of order, we can't think of the next city lord so we came here to appoint you as the new city lord" ancestor Si said with a delightful expression as if they were doing her a great favor.

"WHAT???" Yu Yue's expression stiffened, her mouth wide open in disbelief so she asked again for clarification in case she just didn't hear clearly.  "you all came here for my help to appoint a new city lord right? RIGHT? You were just kidding earlier, right?" she said with a laugh.

However, seeing her like that ancestor De harrumphed. "little girl, stop pretending. We just came here to inform you that you're already the city lord" he smiled like a sly fox as he put on airs while massaging his chin.