CHAPTER 47: Leaving her side (4)

"What???" Yu Yue blurted worriedly as he stood up in shock.

"so it's like that, yet you guys didn't tell me anything all this time" Yu Yue sulked aggrievedly.

"I want to return to bright moon palace." Yu Yue said full of worries.

She's truly worried, she won't let anything happen to her family. That place is her home; she would protect it with everything she got.

"Third miss calm down; the elders took care of the matters in there already. It's just that they were busy dealing with the palace affairs so I have to go back there to conduct an investigation of which force dare to target us. From what they said it's likely that they were from the central region but they didn't have any interaction with us so it must be those people from the middle realm giving orders." He explained patiently.

Yu Yue calmed down after that and she organized her thoughts. "How's my mother and father? My elder sisters?" She asked full of concern.

"They were fine" Xing He said calmly without a change in his expression. This is what concerns him the most, he could tell her other things but not the whereabouts of her parents and sisters. If she gets to know it, based on her character she would go look for them straight away.

What Yu Yue didn't know was that her mother and father were currently in a perilous situation as well as her eldest sisters.
"Fine, I'll remain here to continue my learning experience but promise me, uncle Xing He, to send some news to me occasionally," she said solemnly.

Xing He can't play it by ear now that she's like this so he just nodded and promised.

"Why are those people targeting you all by the way uncle master?" Si Xiao Xiao queried as his forehead furrowed into a crease.

"that---" Xing He was helpless. These youngsters are just too sharp and smart.

Seeing his reaction Yu Yue looks at him squarely which makes Xinghe pause subconsciously.

"Well it all started with your mother, she's a disciple of one of the greatest sects in the higher realm. I haven't been to the higher realm myself because my strength is lacking so I'm not too sure either. Even the mistress isn't sure of it. I recalled she said that her sect was destroyed and those people keeps chasing after her and her junior sisters, those people were looking for a certain artifact left behind by her master. She also didn't know what that artifact exactly is and where it was" Xing He said in melancholy.

"So they haven't found it yet since they are still chasing after mother" Yu Yue mused as her mind twirled into knots trying to think of something but she can't come up with anything.

After Xing He roughly explained what was going on everyone resumed their training.

They want to make out the most of their time together because he would be leaving the day after tomorrow and he told them that he would assign another shadow guard as his replacement it would take months before they would arrive.

"Uncle master, when do we get to see you again?" little fatty asked in a sad tone.

They were currently watching the sideline Si Xiao Xiao and Tian Wuxian spar.

Their ears also perk up; they too want to ask that. 

"if you guys stay by third miss side and make it to bright moon palace we would surely meet not long after." he said warmly as he pat little fatty's head.

Although these youths are mature enough compared to other youths around their age they're still kids after all.

As usual, he would give pointers now and then base on his observation and everyone listened and take his advice seriously.

Everyone's mood grows heavy and they all quietened and spar solemnly as Xing He's departure is nearing.

Yu Yue watched on rather absentmindedly. He could tell Xing He wasn't telling her everything but she didn't press for more because even if she knows she doesn't have the ability to help.

She quietly made calculations in her mind, having a concrete plan of what to do after completing her experience learning for the time being.