CHAPTER 9: The ambitious princess

I'm so hungry already" yu yue muttered and pouted while caressing her stomach. She's been learning about poisons and forgot to have lunch.

Even if she wanted to learn alchemy, armament, spirit seeking, and beast taming she doesn't have that much time as it is, and she's not yet able to learn it.

Everyone told her that she can't rush things and she needs to focus on one thing at a time.

"Anyways I'm still too young and I still haven't unsealed my other attributes so I can't do alchemy or armament refining. Besides spirit seeking, arrays and beast taming sounds just easy to learn" yu yue mumbled to herself after thinking it through.

If ye baihe and Fei hu or anyone heard her mumbling this, it's unimaginable how would they react, they might fume from anger. Even if you want to learn those professions it doesn't work like that just because you want to, she can't possibly learn it all. So far none have ever done so since thousands of milleniums ago.

"Hehehe... you little brat, you think too simply" elder Qi ji cackled upon hearing her mumblings. He would often drop by now and then to check on yu yue's progress and this is the first time he heard of a brat with such high ambition. However, he didn't rebuke her.

He walks and sat opposite the little brat and pokes her forehead. "remember you have to prioritize your cultivation first. Strength comes first to protect one's self. A shiny gem attracts different kinds of people" he said with a laugh not considering if his words make sense to a ten-year-old brat.

He didn't rebuke her, though he didn't completely believe her, he saw how this brat of a princess quickly learns and understands things.

Truly a genius and she might be able to do things easily which is hard and impossible for others. At most, given this brat's talent, she might be able to learn two or three and that's already heaven-defying.

Yu yue smiled sheepishly, she thought this old man would rebuke her presumptuous words. "grandpa, you're here" she greets him with a roguish smile.

Within these past few days, she eventually got along with this eccentric old man and even starts calling him grandpa so naturally without shame at all. She didn't know why but she once asked where her grandparents are because in this world, cultivators live for hundreds of years but everyone turns stiff and silent whenever she asked and would change the topic quickly.

She had long figured out that this place sure hides many secrets.

"hmmp.." elder Qi ji grunted as he wave his hand and several dishes appear which makes yu yue drool when she inhaled the aromatic scent.

"Yay grandpa let's dig in" she cheered and immediately grab a bowl and a pair of chopsticks.

She started eating without waiting for elder qi ji, which in turn the elder simply harrumph helplessly at her.

Since small yu yue was personally taken care of by her family, she refused to have maids around because she really doesn't need much help and it only reminds her of her past life.

Usually, if she wants to have lunch she would go back to her courtyard but she really can't help having meals late now and then whenever she's too engrossed with her books.

And whenever elder qi ji drops by, he would bring her food, they would eat and talk then.

"It's good that you're learning seriously brat but you're still too young and you are a cultivator. We have long lives, don't push yourself so hard. Try to play around like a normal brat sometimes" he mused while picking pieces of chicken meat.

"Grandpa, the point is I'm not just any normal brat" yu yue answered cockily in a joking manner.

"you!" elder qi ji almost choke at her answer.

The more he interacted with this little brat the more he finds her interesting and indeed this brat is anything but ordinary.

She's eloquent and could understand things better than some adults. She's also witty and she thinks differently.

Sometimes when he talks with her she never fails to impress him, she's a wise kid with a refreshing personality.

"hmmp. you are indeed not ordinary but don't let it get into your head" he lectured and yu yue just nodded in understanding.

"Hmm I know grandpa" she replied with a smile.

"If you know then tell me what do you want to do?" elder qi ji admonished her helplessly. 'this kid is really...'

"I want to go outside and see the world but you all keep saying it's dangerous outside with my cultivation" She responded earnestly.

"hmm.... It's true though. Outside this barrier is filled with danger whenever you go. In this world, there's no justice if you don't have the strength to speak of. Not just full of empty words. Even if you're right, no one will side with you, let alone help you" elder qi ji pause while gazing at the distance af is talking to himself.

Yu yue listened quietly as her eyes flashed. 'What could they have been through?'. "grandpa, why do you say so?" she probes. She's curious now.