CHAPTER 61: Inheritance

After chatting their surroundings change again.

Now they're back at the place where they entered the jade door earlier at the altar.

Snow fairy click her fingers and a little tree with lustrous green leaves with white streaks on it appeared. It dances around happily as it used its vines to coil around Snow fairy affectionately.

Yu Yue's eyes brightened at the sight immediately. "isn't this the Valliant willow tree" she gasps excitedly.

Snow fairy's countenance stiffened into a daze seeing that this little girl is finally excited for the first time since she entered the temple.

Right, how could she forget? she mentally face-palmed upon realization.

Snow lotus's physique needs to be unsealed by three treasures. This girl wants to become an alchemist.

Just right.

She was so delighted deep inside but she didn't show it on the surface because this little girl is just too sharp.

"Ahem—you haven't unsealed your physique yet, right?" she asked pretentiously as she sneered in her heart.

Yu Yue was so elated that she didn't notice her cunning smile at all. "I'll agree to it." she said straightaway.

Snow fairy's expression froze; she was stunned into a daze. Yu Yue thought she was hesitating so she quickly added.

"I agree to everything; in exchange, I want to have this valiant willow tree" she shamelessly haggled without hesitation at all.

She already tossed her bad premonition at the back of her mind.

'so fast' Snow fairy's face distorted. If she knew she really wants to be an alchemist so bad she should have just shown Little Tree in the beginning. Although she knows Yu Yue wants to be an alchemist she only heard her sigh about it. 

"Deal" after a while snow fairy's face was full of smiles in ecstasy. Finally, she can leave this hot potato in someone else's hands. She's too tired of looking after it.

"where's the inheritance?" Yu Yue asked quickly in anxiousness that Snow fairy might take back her words.

"Hehe, this way" Snow fairy also didn't dilly dally. She quickly proceeds with the inheritance as this little girl hasn't recollected her senses yet.

...

Just like that Yu Yue received the inheritance without a hitch.

She's been seating on the floor at the altar in deep meditation as a white ray of light enshrouded her entire body.

The inheritance is the power of light, a power wielded by the gods.

Since human beings have physiques not comparable to gods they aren't able to receive this heaven-defying inheritance.

However, the Snow lotus's physique is an exception as it is endowed by the gods in order to inherit the power of light.

As the power of light is inside Snow fairy's soul fragment, she was also absorbed deep inside Yu Yue's consciousness.

In Yu Yue's sea of consciousness, she could see Snow fairy's illusory figure. Her presence turns weaker and weaker as the soft pure white rays of light burst out of her body, absorbed by Yu Yue's divine consciousness.

After the rays of warm white light dissipated snow fairy's soul fragment scattered into nothingness.

After she totally disappears a tiny pearl-like object remained on Yu Yue's divine consciousness floating around.

At the same time, she advanced again and entered the foundation establishment level 1 peak stage.