CHAPTER 31: Enemy in the dark

Meanwhile, Yu Yue didn't know that a storm of change swept over the bright moon palace.

She had no idea that her entire family left the palace right after she departed.

"Yu Yue should be a fine right husband?" Yu Chang Lu held Ming Tai Yang's hands tightly as they stood right at the mountaintop.

She's leaning on him for support. Lately, she's been feeling nauseous and a picky eater, she didn't know what was wrong with her. She just simply thought that was because her body is still adapting to the sudden change of environment. After all, she hasn't been out of the snowy plane for more than 2 decades already.

"hmm let's have faith in her, besides we have strong enemies we can't shelter her forever." he said also a little worried but he didn't show it to reassure his wife.

"Yu Xue'er and Yu Hua'er should also be fine on their own." She sighs worriedly too. "our daughters are shouldering our burdens as well; we should get stronger to let them live freely. We can't let them all live in hiding forever in the snowy planes right?" she said as hatred, unwillingness, guilt, and determination gnawed at her heart.

"Lu'er it's not your fault, it's no one's fault. Stop blaming yourself for what happened in the past" he said in heartache as he hugged and kissed his wife gently full of warm feelings.

But deep inside he's been blaming himself all this time too, if he was stronger back then he would be able to protect their family and they wouldn't need to live in hiding for 2 decades.

There are only a few of them who managed to escape from that calamity and their entire clan falls from great heights just like that.

"Why are those people keep chasing after me by the way? They have been always trying to kill me since the beginning" Yu Chang Lu frowned in contemplation.

Ever since I was exiled from the clan they have always been chasing me, she also thinks that those people might be the reason why she was exiled from the clan. One fine day they simply barged into her courtyard and wants her dead. If not because of her mother's sacrifices she might be dead already, and her father won't hate her so much because of that.

"No matter what their reason is, we would be back in there. I heard they keep my father and mother alive to lure us back in" Ming Tai Yang said icily.

They have been running all over the place until they finally settled in the snowy plane, because who would have thought that they would establish a palace in a place like that?

"those bastards from the higher realm can't get in here. They have been sending people from the Middle realm to chase after us. Thankfully the lower realm is big enough to hinder their progress" Yu Chang Lu gritted her teeth.

"hmm don't worry about those small fries, let the palace elders take care of them"

...

At the same time, YuXue'er and Yu Hua'er were together standing in the golden sand. They're currently in the middle of soul burning desert located in the central region.

Just like their parents they also came out looking for opportunities. They heard that an ancient ruin appeared in this place.

Since they already reach the foundation establishment level 3 early stage they're looking for opportunities to advance further. Even for them with talent and the legendary twin phoenix physique it's also difficult to advance in their cultivation.

Thankfully unlike Yu Yue's snow lotus physique, there are no strict requirements to fully unleashed their potential.

"It's so hot, it feels like my soul is burning as well" Yu Hua'er complained as she sips a mouthful of water inelegantly.

"It's really hot, we should find an oasis to cool off and set up a camp. It's already past noon it will be night sooner" Yu Xue'er frowned. A bead of sweat also tickled down her smooth forehead.

They saw many skeletons and dried-up dead bodies like dried-up tree barks laying on the sand feasted by poisonous creatures on their way here.