CHAPTER 8: Ice piercing sword technique

After that assessment the elders all decided to keep the news to themselves only. Even though bright moon palace disciples swear an oath to the palace they know nothing, except for the elders and the palace lord's retainers.

Meanwhile, everyone is busy trying to find a suitable cultivation technique for Yu Yue.  Ice attributes and lightning attributes are rare among practitioners.

With her talent, it would be a shame to let her practice a lower-grade martial art.

Although she would be able to cultivate techniques for other elements her ice element would be like meat dangling on her face and it would be such a waste.

The one she's been cultivating is the advanced grade Ice piercing sword technique. Yu Yue was so happy practicing it, she feels like she was performing a magic trick as she moves her swords, and shards of ice would pierce her target.

The cultivation manuals are graded accordingly; from a Lower grade, Middle grade, and Higher grade in the lower realm. Profound grade and Advanced grade in the middle realm. Divine grade and God grade in the higher and god realm.

She's been practicing this technique after the assessment. Thankfully she properly learns tai chi with her mother since young so her movements are fluid and steady enough to perform this technique.

Since her build is too small for swords Ming Taiyang personally asked elder Hei to refine a customized thin and light sword for her.

Elder Hei refined an earth-grade high-level white ice sword. Although bright moon palace has all professions, their disciples don't have higher ranks.

Most disciples are Spirit Rank Apprentices of the lower, middle, or peak stage only. There are less than 10 who managed to reach spirit rank master and spirit grandmasters only. The great elders are the only people with of Demi Divine Rank Master of peak and middle stage in their respective professions.

This is understandable because reaching these levels is already hard enough as Yu Xue'er explained.

Yu  Xue'er herself just reached spirit rank master mid-stage alchemist at a young age and is already considered the most talented for thousands of years.

Armaments are graded like the following; Spirit Rank Apprentice which could refine red grade lower, mid, and high-level armaments, and Spirit Rank Master which could refine green grade lower, mid, and high-level armaments in the lower realm.

Spirit Grandmaster could refine yellow-grade lower, mid, and high-level armaments, and Demi Divine Rank Master that could refine earth-grade lower, mid, and high-level armaments in the middle realm.

Divine Rank Master could refine Sky grade lower, mid, and high-level armaments, and Divine grandmaster could refine Heaven grade lower, mid, and high-level armaments in the higher realm.

Lastly, God Rank armament masters could refine god relics in the god realm.

Of course, Yu Yue didn't know that their levels are already like an existence comparable to gods outside the palace, and people who reach this level could be said to be counted using one hand only but they have that many elders in the bright moon palace alone so imagine how shocking it is already.

Yu Changlu, Yu Yue's mother specializes in mental attacks. She has an air attribute and she paired it with sound attacks.  Since Yu Yue also has a talent for air attributes, she learns from her mother. Thankfully, she's been learning the four arts in her previous life plus in this life too so it's much easier to execute.

Her father has the lightning attribute so he gives her pointers on her swordsmanship now and then instead.

elder Ye baihe volunteered to teach Yu Yue how to cultivate her water attribute readily.

So these few days she has a tight schedule. On the first day, she would practice her ice technique; on the second day, she would cultivate.

On the third day, she would be with her mother learning sound attacks and on the fourth day, she would cultivate. 

On the fifth day, she would practice with Ye baihe. And cultivate on the sixth day. Every seventh day she would go to elder De Leng Jing to study acupuncture and poisons.

Yu Yue was beaming happily because although she can't do alchemy, the physician de thought her how to do apothecary instead as an alternative.

Yu Yue gladly learned it and now she can concoct lowest grade liquid medicines because she's just using a normal fire instead of Spirit fire.

Her parents were actually against this setup at first because it was too taxing for her. Fortunately, her mental strength is strong.