CHAPTER 118: Stunning the crowd (2)

Yu Yue laugh out loud. "hehe before that who might you be?" she asked blinking her eyes with confusion.

Patriarch wu was stumped angrily. "hmmp you dare assume the position of the city lord yet you didn't even know the noble families?" he harrumphed coldly his eyes glaring hatefully at her full of malice.

'This little girl is truly malicious, by asking these whether he answered her or not he would still end up being embarrassed' he thought darkly. He's really thinking too much though, Yu Yue didn't know him at all.

While Yu Yue was waiting for his move like watching a clown making a show, a fat middle age man whispered to patriarch wu.

Yu Yue's eyes flashed thoughtfully as she recognized no other than young master Wu Cang, madam Shan Shou's brother-in-law.

"ah so you're the Wu family's patriarch, please forgive me for not recognizing someone of your humble status" Yu Yue massaged her temple acting like she really means it, but in fact, she sneered mockingly at them in contempt. She hasn't settled the score before and yet they came delivering themselves to her door.

This just reminds her; she needs to interrogate these people. She found them suspicious last time. Now that she thought about it, these people arrive here with great fanfare so coincidentally. But who was Yu Yue? She can't be fooled by this father-and-son clown duo.

"hmph. Forget it, now what do you say? Will you step down on your own or do I have to beat you to your senses?" he sniggered shamelessly, he was bent on the position and decided not to play words on this little girl anymore.

Those people send a message today that they were nearby, so he took this opportunity to show off his might and seized the position because he thought too highly of his so-called backer. At the same time, he was sent here to gauge the new city lord.

He knows an envoy from rainbow flame city entered the city this morning, he was also tasked to ruin the alliance but he didn't know that there's no need for it anymore because he's already too late and can't find a single soul of the Chen clansmen even if he managed to enter the residence.

Yu Yue pondered about it for a moment, and while waiting for her reply the crowd cheered. They won't really mind if she's a little girl as long as she's capable and she has the ability to protect this city.

"Alright, let's have a match. However, I have one condition" she said as her white ice sword appeared in her hands.

Seeing the ice-white sword in her hands, patriarch wu's eyes glint a flash of greed and excitement. "sure, I have one condition as well. So what do you want?"

He asked with eyes glued covetously on her sword without even looking at her. He thought he was so lucky today, he won't just seize the position on a silver platter he would also be able to cheat this girl of her valuable treasure.

Yu Yue noticed his gaze so she waved the sword with a faint smile on his face like dangling a piece of meat. "if you win you can have this sword and be the city lord.
However, if I'll win by a strike of luck you need to come with me for a chat" she said unhurriedly enjoying patriarch wu's greedy eyes.

"Okay, I'll agree to it, but what if you go back on your words?" he asked acting troubled.

"let's sign an agreement then." Yu Yue said reluctantly after pretending to be troubled and taken aback.

Patriarch wu quickly made a written agreement as his smile grew even wider, he took it as if Yu Yue now regretted it but he won't let her go unscathed today.