CHAPTER 157: City's changes (2)

They are just now waiting for the Huxian and jade empires to aid them. Since both city lords didn't trust each other, they didn't tell each other that they were backed by the opposing empires. They each have a plan of their own, but with their shrewdness, they were able to make a guess just using their toes.

"City lord Lin, I heard that your men playing bandits embarrassed themselves in hundred flower city" city lord Yang sneered derisively. They aren't on good terms either so they're taking this chance to tear each other's faces.

"hehe, I also heard that one of your city's great clans embarrassed themselves" city lord Lin grits his teeth with a sarcastic reply.

Their faces fell gloomily as they glared at each other hatefully, they still know what was important to they didn't hit each other directly but their words hurt just the same to the point that their cheeks reddened with anger.

The atmosphere was tense; the entire room was suffocating. The people inside were dripping with cold sweat.

Seeing ancestor Chen eyeing him, city lord Lin relented with a cold snort. "hmmp, city lord yang do you have any information about that cunning new city lord?" he spat sharply full of hatred and venom in his tone.

Those men playing bandits were personally cultivated by him, they were the elite troops of his forbidden army. He's been raising his might secretly these past few years but they all just disappeared like that. He's irritable and can't sleep properly these past few months, he couldn't help but dream sweetly about the time that he would torture Yu Yue and wash hundred flower city with blood.

...

Meanwhile, in the depths of the black forest, Hua Ling frowned her perfectly smooth forehead into a crease. Her eyes narrowed in deep contemplation as she saw a suspicious pile of bones laying outside the fake inheritance temple, she could sense familiar death energy around them.

The last time she fainted at Yu manor was when Xi Lei appeared through the space void, her mind was full of intrusive memories from hundreds of millenniums ago. Her attitude and the look she has towards Yu Yue and the black mask holder change suddenly.

Before it was filled with distant mixed feelings but now it's filled with relief, familiarity, and devotion. Mo Ling and hong mei also noticed the oddity, even Yu Yue but they didn't sound her out. 

As they move closer to the entrance of the fake inheritance temple the energy intensified and the numerous scattered bones of both humans and beasts give off a totally dangerous and menacing feeling.

"It's weird, it's as if pairs of eyes are preying on us" hong mei muttered with raised brows as he curled his lips into a wicked arc.

"I can feel it too" Mo Ling spoke. 

"Hmm, I'm glad you two are still aware of your surroundings" Hua Ling eyed them sharply. Though, the way she looks at them change, her cold and indifferent attitude was still there.  Even though she's not as strong as these two right now after they awakened their bloodline, they still listen to her just like before.

These two have been fooling around on their way here, but after she eyed them, they finally behave as their senses heightened.

They paused in their tracks as the atmosphere immediately tenses. They prepared themselves for a battle, the death energy intensified as black fogs enveloped the bones and they started moving mechanically with creepy hair-raising noises.

The pile of bones connected and formed into skeletons after the thick black fog disappeared. The skeleton's hollowed eyes glowed red and stared at the three of them eerily. However, knowing these maniacal trios so far, they didn't even flinch. Instead, their lips hooked with an excited smile.

Hua Ling's eyes flashed with excitement as well, she saw this same scenario when that intrusive memory of strange thrilling yet sad scenes played out in her mind like a stream of dreams.