CHAPTER 111: Arranged by the heaven (2)

After her few pauses, she continued. Yu Yue and the others were just silently listening.

"then how did you end up here instead of waiting in the gambling arena?" she asked with a frown, this makes her confused.

"my master gave me this, he said this will point me in the right direction" Hua Ling spoke as she took out a golden compass with a white arrow pointing at Yu Yue's face.

'what's that?' she asked mentally full of curiosity as alarm bells rang in her heart, she already grows accustomed to asking butler white about anything because he was like a library that knows everything.

'the compass of light, and no need for explanation I supposed' butler white snorted contemptuously.

Yu Yue wasn't able to react as her heart was gripped with worry, "if you could find me using that then---" she wasn't able to finish her words as Hua Ling realized her worries.

"don't worry it's the only one in the entire world, sage valley is the follower of the power of light so we use this to find who wields that power and becomes the master of the sect. However, the vice master is unreconciled because he has designs for the position so this happened" she said shortly.

"then why did you follow mo ling here without even meeting me beforehand?" she was puzzled again.

"When we get here we aren't strong and we are still young and inexperienced.  We want to get stronger while waiting so we voluntarily entered the arena, we sign an agreement with their boss and he allow us to stay and entertain people. Many people want to have us as their slaves but we didn't agree to it. later when Yu Ling appeared the compass reacted slightly so I want to follow him immediately to check if there was any connection but mo ling insisted that since she was the strongest amongst us she should go and check first so I gave this compass to her, that's why she recognized you as her master without hesitation. When she gets back to the arena she then lets us know and we followed right after" she told Yu Yue expressionlessly.

Yu Yue was stunned and speechless, she falls for their scheme unknowingly. She looks at the trio with praise though at their cleverness and tactics. She sighed in relief as she wipes off her cold sweat, 'thankfully they didn't have any bad intentions, or else she'd be done for'.

"how about you two? What's the story?" she queried after a while of pondering.

"I ran away from my clan because they would either beat me up or treat me worst than slaves, I was half human and they hate it especially because I'm weak" mo ling said without a change in her expression but Yu Yue could still detect a deep seething hatred.

"I was disposed of for being a half-human, they leave me to death but Hua Ling found me." hong mei said with a giggle like it was not about him.

Yu Yue's mood was complicated because she just noticed that her force is full of unwanted people, but she wasn't regretful for taking them. Instead, she feels a little responsible because it's related to her even though she didn't know anything and it's not her fault. She vowed to give them a warm home.

"do you resent me?" she looks Hua Ling in the eye after thinking it through.

Hua ling was stunned at first but she nodded her head but afterward shook it because she finally understands long ago after growing up in the gambling arena and meeting different kinds of people.

"at first I did blame you for my master's death. But after that, I was able to understand that it's because of those despicable people," she said her emotions complicated while her expression faltered.

Seeing that Yu Yue didn't talk anymore as she dismissed them, she's having mix feelings right now and her emotional and mental state is in chaos.

She never really wanted anyone to die because of her, she just wants to enjoy her life but before she could do that she was embroidered in this mess.

"Perhaps this is arranged by heaven" she mumbled as she hug little xi wang tightly while looking at the orange sky.  It's already sunset and she didn't even notice it. 

Little xi wang knows her best so he could tell how she felt, even though she forgot her memories she never really changes. He silently hugs her back in a comforting manner.