CHAPTER 171: Loyal companion (1)

Along their way it was quiet and peaceful, they were still far from the capital of the phoenix empire so after they left that town it was just trees and vegetation. Xing Yi and xing er take turns as their coachman, it's just lady Shan Shou and Yu Yue inside the carriage.

All of a sudden they heard a dog barking, Xing Yi frowned as he stops the carriage in front of the unconscious little boy around little Shan Shan's age.

"what's going on?" Yu Yue lazily asked as she poke her head out of the carriage.

"Third miss, there's a little boy unconscious in front of us. There's also a dog which seems to be his companion, what should we do?" Xing Er said with a frown as she looks around. She couldn't detect other signs of life around here except for wild animals.

Yu Yue also know this point so she raised her brows as she went down with lady Shan Shou to check the situation.

"How was he?" Yu Yue asked as she eyed the little boy doubtfully. His clothes were tattered and he looks malnourished, Yu Yue could tell at a glance that he fainted from hunger and dehydration.

"he's just unconscious, it seems weird but I couldn't find anything suspicious aside from the fact that he's here..." Xing Yi replied after checking the boy. Before he could finish his words though little pumpkin who was pretending to be a flower crown jumps excitedly toward the little boy's body, rubbing its leaves affectionately like it just found a treasure.

Everyone look at each other speechlessly, "what's going on?" lady Shan Shou was dumbfounded. 

Little Pumpkin is a picky spirit plant, he only likes Yu Yue and Little Purple. This is the first time he reacted excitedly aside from bullying little willow.

"..." Yu Yue look at Little Pumpkin strangely who refused to budge.

'that boy has a unique physique that spirit plants like the most, that brat is special. Little pumpkin wants to form a contract with him' yu yue's eyes bulged at butler white's explanation. Before little pumpkin could react she flash him inside the space.

She did let him be but she didn't expect him to choose someone randomly, she has to recruit this kid to her side first no matter what. She could also feel little purple's unwillingness to part with her child. She was oblivious to little pumpkin's protest; he was throwing a tantrum inside the space so butler white isolate him for the time being or he would suffocate if not kill everyone with his toxic fumes.

"hmm, it's almost dark. We should rest on that side" she pointed to the side of the road where traces of travelers who rest at night when they pass here were still visible.

They quickly set up their tents while Yu Yue casually set up an array around the perimeter. They brought the little boy and his loyal companion with them, they placed him in a separate tent. This time tian shi didn't go out of the space but she still made them a fine dinner inside the space. 

With a wave of Yu Yue's hand, the dishes appeared neatly, the delicious fragrant spreading in the air.

"arff, arff---" the dog bark excitedly as it runs towards their side and wags its tail obediently, it salivates at the sight of food but it still behaves.

Yu Yue look at the dog's scrawny figure, his fur was matted and dirty. Even so, his eyes remained kind and clear. Yu Yue took out delicious food and feed it to him, she also asked Xing Yi to roast more meat for the dog and the little boy.

Yu Yue already feed him some liquid medicine and pills, he might wake up soon.

Yu Yue froze as she watched the dog who refused to eat his food, instead he brought it toward the little boy.

He presses the piece of roasted meat into the little boy's mouth, he whimpers softly until the little boy opened his eyes weakly.