CHAPTER 53: The ancient ruin (2)

They dejectedly walk warily on the other way for an hour.

Two hours...

3 hours already ...

But they still haven't reached the end.

They take rounds of breaks now and then to recuperate, eat and drink.

Their vigilance increased more and more as they were walking for 3 hours already but they haven't seen anything unexpected.

They grimaced bitterly as they keep going forward without a choice, they still didn't have a way to contact outside.

After another hour they reach a place that looks like a temple. 

They didn't get inside quickly but rested outside for a couple of hours then they check around looking for clues about this place.

"I found something but I can't decipher it" Tian Wuxian called out to them.

They all gathered around him because they didn't find anything. 

Tian Wuxian wipes a certain part of the wall, after the dust was cleaned a majestic set of words appeared.

Everyone looks at the characters cluelessly until their eyes hurt.

Yu Yue on the other hand was petrified in shock because she could understand and recognize these letters.

It's written in English.
"what's wrong little Yu Yue? Did you recognize it?" Si Xiao Xiao asked doubtfully after noticing her odd behavior.

The others also stared at her in confusion.

It took her a long time to get over it as she nodded rigidly as questions swirled like a hurricane inside her mind.

"Somewhat I could understand some of it, I've seen these characters somewhere." she said in a small voice as flashbacks of her previous life went through her mind.

She's in a daze long enough that it raised everyone's concern.

"Yu Yue, is something wrong?" Tian Wuxian also frowned, because this is the first time they have seen her act like this and it was worrying.

"Oh nothing, I just remembered something." she said as she went nearer and touch the hard and cold white stone wall.

She quietly read what was written on the wall near the entrance. The others didn't disturb her anymore after that and were just quietly waiting patiently at the side.

The words on the wall are apparently a message left behind by someone called 'snow fairy'.

She didn't know who this snow fairy is, she hasn't heard of that name before. Though Yu Yue guess that it was just her title and not her real name.

The message says that her successor should appear hundreds of thousands of years later. Every hundred thousand years another successor would appear and they must receive their inheritance.

Those who can enter here are the successor.

It also says that all successors didn't originate in this world, they all came from the modern world after the gods carefully choose them to be sent here to protect the legacy to whom it may befall. Most importantly those who inherit the legacy are no longer restricted in this worlds' heavenly laws and they shall have the best of the best.

Snow fairy also didn't say anything more important as she simply wrote good luck and the message ends with 'your Journey shouldn't be heavy, go around the world and carry this legacy without worry, and remember you aren't unlucky'

'what kind of a message is this?' Yu Yue almost choke from anger as her face darkened, somewhat she's having a bad feeling about this message.

Seems like this snow fairy is an evil person. She cursed with a distorted expression. The unsettling feeling in her heart grew even thicker.