CHAPTER 40: Sinister plot (2)

She had enough of this family. It hasn't even been a day since they were together but she already wants to punch their faces. Besides they keep targeting her for no reason, she's not that tolerant and forgiving.

"Brother Xiao Xiao, you look pale, we can rest for a moment here." She said acting worried towards Si Xiao Xiao while gesturing at the huge rock for him to sit on.

She gives him a wink and Si Xiao Xiao's eyes flashed in understanding as he coughs and acts weak. He immediately gets what she meant and goes along with her, she just wants to stop and lag behind to get rid of these buzzing flies.

 Though his heart is still burning with anger he didn't show it.

Little fatty and Zhuang Lan were unreconciled to just leave it like that but seeing tian Wuxian giving them a look, they quickly caught on as well.

Hai Xingze's eyes also changed but he didn't say anything just looking at Lin Huangxi sharply.

Everyone glance at them but didn't object. Tian Wuxian and Hai Xingze's eyes flashed and they smiled a little, immediately understanding what was going on. 'Little Yu Yue is getting crafty again' he thought to himself.

The mercenary team captain glanced at them profoundly and with a flash of his eyes, he also ordered his men to stop by for a rest. He had enough of these people too.

Everyone didn't object so their group also lag behind. Their mission isn't to enter the ancient ruin anyways but to scout the outer perimeter because some odd things were happening inside the black forest recently and many practitioners had gone missing even before the ancient ruin appeared but they simply thought they all died in misfortune.

It's not rare to have people dying now and then inside the forest but their numbers mysteriously started increasing and it's now more obvious that something's really wrong here.

As they sat down to recuperate, Yu Yue didn't lower her guard at all. She keeps an eye on the Lin clan who's getting farther ahead. She's also waiting for a chance to act.

The lin family noticed them of course but they simply sneered in contempt. Before they started walking ahead on their own. However, Yu Yue noticed one of their elders flicked his sleeves and the light fishy smell grow intensely in the air. 

Her eyes shone coldly, earlier she didn't act immediately because she wants to make sure it was their doing. But now, there's no need to hold back anymore.

Yu Yue's eyes flashed and she also flicked her sleeve as white odorless powder flew towards the lin family members so naturally but not noticeable to them because she was a little far from them and they weren't looking at them, too confident with themselves.

The mercenary team captain's eyes reddened in anger when he saw what the Lin family elder did. But before he could react he noticed what Yu Yue did and was stunned momentarily.

The lin family snickered at them as they quickly left the vicinity.

After they left Yu Yue waved her sleeves again as a pink powder sprinkled all over dispelling the fishy stench in the air.

"hmmp those people dare play tricks on us" Tian Wuxian snickered in contempt. He noticed what just transpired.

"Yu Yue, what's that white powder for?" Si Xiao Xiao asked with a small smile. He too noticed it. Only little fatty and Zhuang Lan who were busy feeding little black and little white didn't notice anything at all.

"you give them a taste of their own medicine right?"  hai xingze smirk charmingly.

Hearing them talking, the other mercenary members look at their captain questioningly.

"Captain what's going on?" they asked in confusion. In fact, they aren't tired at all they can still go on for a few hours.

They didn't say anything earlier because they know their captain well besides they trusted him with their lives so they followed him without asking.

They noticed what just happened but they didn't know how it started.