CHAPTER 24: De clan

"oh, it's like that, I was actually worried because I thought someone was eyeing me intently earlier but that person didn't make a move." Patriarch de sighed in relief.

"that must be him" Yu Yue replied unsurely because she really didn't know who was protecting her, she can't sense it at all. This uncle de must have high cultivation to be able to sense it.

"By the way uncle, where are you guys from? I also noticed there are numerous experts in your group" Yu Yue asked curiously.

"Oh, right we haven't introduced ourselves yet, my bad" Patriarch de facepalmed. He was so worried earlier that he forgot.

"I'm De yan but just call me uncle de and this is my only son De Han, we're from a merchant clan from the outer region and we came here to sell our spirit wine and spirit herbs and also to buy some stuff...." He explained kindly.

Yu Yue's eyes flashed with excitement upon hearing that. "uncle how do I get to the outer region?" she asked with excitement, she wasn't able to buy a map or find a coachman at all. She almost forgot why she was here.

"You're going there?" uncle de asked in astonishment.

"en" Yu Yue nodded.

"Little sister why don't you go with us?" little fatty butted in casually.

"this—" Yu Yue paused with hesitation as she looks at patriarch de.

"right. right. Just go back with us, seeing how you know too little about the ways of the outside world it would be nice to just go with us. It could save you some trouble, there are many troubles on the way" uncle de agreed readily.

"Won't I be troubling you all?" she asked, she too wants to go along with them because she would be too bored to go there by herself. Besides, it takes 3 months to get there and it's not safe traveling alone. 

"no not at all little sister, we would be leaving this city tomorrow anyways since we're all done settling our matters"

"Oh that would be great then, thank you, uncle de and brother Han." Yu Yue said her thanks as they chatted merrily till night.

Uncle de let her have a room for herself which saves her from trouble.

The next day they have breakfast together and leave the city before the sun rose.

Yu Yue watched the city inside the carriage as the shops opened for business.

Little fatty bought a bunch of good foods along the way.

...

One month later rows of carriages were resting beside a river barbecuing aromatic foods.

Yu Yue always amazes everyone every time she cooks because it smells and tastes so good better than those served by fancy restaurants.

During her journey, she learned to cook as well and her cooking improves day by day as she keeps experimenting with herbs and spices.

"Little Yu Yue, I won't be able to eat anything after tasting the foods you make." the little fatty said while chewing a chicken leg relishing its unique fragrance and flavor.

"I already taught you how to cook as I do so you will be able to do it alone" Yu Yue smiled gently as she also feed little white and little black with a bowl of milk each. She bought a lot along the way.

"but it's still not as good as yours" the little fatty beamed.

Everyone nodded in agreement, "right little Yu Yue if Yao'er tasted your cooking she would surely love it" uncle de said with a tender smile as he thought of seeing his beautiful wife soon.

"Right, why don't we bring little sister to our estate father? Mother always says she wants a daughter. She even dressed me up like a girl once" little fatty said with embarrassment as everyone laughs at him.

"this—" uncle de glanced at Yu Yue for permission. He also likes this little girl very much, if his son is as half as good as her he would be joyous. Now that he instantly has a niece like Yu Yue he would always brag about her and smiled in his sleep if he would see those bastards from other clans dripping with jealousy.

"It's fine, my parents won't mind if I'll recognize another uncle outside" Yu Yue agreed because she also likes this two very much. They aren't like those greedy and pretentious people she saw in the merchant city.

Uncle De laughs boisterously as he pats Yu Yue's shoulder. "good. good" he laughs sinisterly at his thoughts of bragging about Yu Yue and seeing those bastards' faces if they knew how talented she is.