Chapter 154: Bambino

(Okay, so someone made a request for Peter and Tony to speak in their Italian tongue, as it's canon for either Tony or both of them to be Italian but I can't find which chapter has that comment. And don't worry, I'll translate all the dialogue. So this is to you whoever requested it lol!)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter felt sluggish, as he dragged his feet exiting the elevator, his head was pounding, every noise made his whole body ache. If he could knock himself out, he would, he had been having a sensory overload since second period, and as the day went on, it only got worse. All throughout the day both Ned and MJ noticed Peter acting like a zombie. Both of course were concerned, but Peter kept trying to convince them and himself that he was okay.

He was glad to be home, but looking up and ignoring the blinding lights and Jarvis greeting him. His father was nowhere in sight, he mumbled something about needing to find him. He trudged down to Tony's lab and saw him in there fiddling with a new suit design. Once Jarvis let him in Peter immediately went towards his dad and walked up to him. Tony held a confused expression as the young Stark, just leaned his head on his chest, closing his eyes.

Tony knew what that meant, but still had to ask, "Stai bene Peter?" (You okay Peter?) Peter shook his head in response, jumping into action Tony quickly dropped what he was doing and helped Peter get to the living room and set him down on the couch. Then told Jarvis to turn on the sensory overload protocol. The lights dimmed, and the noise canceling features turned on.

Tony sat next to Peter, having his fluffy blanket that just came out of the dryer at the ready. Peter eventually cuddled closer to his dad and Tony began whispering to him. "Va tutto bene piccola, starai bene." (It's okay Bambino, you'll be okay.) That's all the father could do, was whisper sweet reassurances in his son's ears. Unfortunately, Peter was shaking in his grasp, he felt terrible for his boy.

Peter whimpered in pain, "Fa male papà, per favore fallo andare via." (It hurts dad, please make it go away.)

Tony shushed him and ran his hands through Peter's hair, hoping he'd fall asleep and stop stressing out. If he stressed himself out enough, he'd make himself physically sick, which isn't something the pair wanted. Once Tony heard the soft sounds of Peter's snores, he fell asleep himself.

Three hours rolled around and Peter woke up in his father's arms, his headache had almost disappeared but the throbbing pain was still subtle. The entire living room was dark, rubbing his eyes, he looked at a nearby clock and saw that it was six thirty and pretty much dinner time. Turning to his dad, he gently shook him, Tony stirred awake and saw his son staring at him, and in the best tone, although huskily sounding he asked. "Che ore sono Peter?" (What time is it Peter?)

Peter yawned slightly, "Sono le sei e mezza papà, cosa facciamo per cena?" (It's six thirty dad, what are we going to do for dinner?)

Tony knew it was too little late to cook, as he didn't take any meat out of the fridge to make a meal with. So he needed to improvise, he spoke. "Che ne dici di un po' di cibo da asporto? La pizza ti sembra buona?" (What about some take out? Pizza sound good to you?)

Peter nodded his head and laid his head back down on his fathers chest. Tony then told Jarvis to order their usual from a local Manhattan pizza place, satisfied, Tony decided to quietly put on a movie and hold his kid as he could tell his sensory overload was slowly decimating. About forty five minutes later their pizza arrived and they ate while finishing the film Tony put on.

After putting the food away, Tony let Peter get dressed for bed and then they both slept in his room. Note that whenever Peter had a sensory overload, he was clingy/cuddly than he usually is, which Tony didn't mind. They both climbed under the covers, before drifting off completely, Tony told his son; "Buonanotte Bambino, ti amo." (Goodnight Bambino, I love you.)

Peter smiled sleepily and then he was out like a light, which gave Tony the go ahead to fall asleep and sleep for a whole eleven hours. The pair woke up at eleven in the morning, but ultimately deciding to have a lazy day. (It's been a little bit since I wrote some Irondad fluff, but honestly, I had fun doing the dialogue in Italian. Maybe I'll do it more often)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 154