CHAPTER 107: The new city lord

Meanwhile, the entire hundred flower city is in turmoil because after the queen flower incident they found out the next day that their despotic city lord was murdered. The entire city lord's residence was washed in blood and nobody noticed it. No one managed to survive so their investigation was fruitless. However, this raised alarm bells to the five great clans. The order of the city was chaotic.

There was no one to continue the bloodline of the city lord so the noble families are trying to get their hands on the position, it was chaotic so the five great clans held an emergency meeting to vote unanimously on who would be the new city lord.

It didn't take long for them, a certain person came to their minds, and nobody objected. So they were currently discussing how to calm the residents and discuss the city lord's death.

...

At the same time, in blue thunder city.

"PAK!!!" a resounding slap echoed throughout the entire hall.

"you failed" city lord yang mercilessly slap young master Zhou's good-looking face.

News after he came back with good news, another piece of news followed right after which ruins their joyous and celebratory mood.

All the people present were standing quietly not making a sound, they trembled in fear before the city lord.

Young master zhou clenched his knuckles hard, blood started oozing from them as he wipe harshly the trickle of blood at the corner of his lips.

"City lord please give me another chance to prove myself" he bowed deeply full of hatred for whoever saved hundred flower city to avoid its demise.

"then do as you say, if you fail again then don't blame me for being useless" the city lord hollered angrily as he returned to his seat.

"This subordinate thanks the city lord" young master zhou said solemnly as patriarch Zhou helped him stand properly because he staggered, the city lord uses his spiritual qi on that slap and he's a foundation establishment level 9 peak stage so it's a very powerful slap.

"everyone, send more spies to investigate who helps hundred flower city and while they're on their way try to give the five great clans trouble" he smiled coldly with malicious intent.

"yes city lord" the three great clans answered respectfully.

"City lord should we execute the same strategy with the rainbow flame city?" Patriarch ding asked, his voice full of flattery. He can't wait to make a move with the rainbow flame city to prove his worth as he sneered at patriarch Zhou whose face was unsightly, adding salt to his injury.

Unlike hundred flower city, the city lord ordered around the great clans like his servants. If they dare to refuse only death awaits them. Just like the other two clans who get annihilated because they angered this man.

Ever since there are only three great clans remaining but their overall strength was far greater than the five great clans of hundred flower city and rainbow flame city combined because blue thunder city's people like to snatch and hold resources from others.

In this city there are no friends only foes because the city lord enjoyed seeing his people kill each other, he only wants strong and useful people. He disdained wasting resources on those weaklings so much that he either uses or sold them as slaves in exchange for resources if they aren't killed. He didn't care about their lives at all, for him aren't that useful anyways.

...

The same news also arrived in the rainbow flame city, which the hundred flower city managed to see another day. Although city lord lin hates hundred flower city this also makes him sigh in relief. If blue thunder city targets his rainbow flame city he would enter into a temporary alliance with hundred flower city and use them as cannon fodders.

That way he would just watch on the sideline and reap the benefits. Surely blue thunder city would win but they would still suffer some losses and by then they would be as easy as a chicken to deal with and he won't lose out that much.

"men send a message to hundred flower city that we should agree to an alliance if ever blue thunder city attacks our city or their city the alliance should immediately take effect" he ordered with a greedy flash in his eyes to one of his attendants.

"yes city lord" the attendant replied without any expression, though he disdained this greedy city lord he didn't show it. The rainbow flame city also acts shamelessly and snatched resources from the others. That's why their residents are a little stronger compared to hundred flower city with a short-sighted city lord.