CHAPTER 42: Demonic beasts appeared (2)

Yu Shutian's mind went black. Although he's the strongest person in the group he can't beat many demonic beasts at the same time, which is why he told everyone to run quickly because they might still have a chance.

Thankfully the rest of the demonic beasts chase after the lin family because there are many among their group who were injured while being chased earlier.

But who would have thought that they would run into a cliff?

Assessing their situation, Yu Yue's mind quickly churned and turned thinking of ways to deal with the demonic beasts hot on their tails.

She's been shocked silly earlier and unable to think properly.

Unlike spirit beasts, she hasn't read much about demonic beasts because they're still a mystery to humans to this day. So she doesn't have an idea at all.

The books only describe them as savage creatures who only know how to kill and fight, so the only way to defeat them is through real combat and strength, but right now they didn't stand a chance at all.

Unlike spirit beasts, demonic beasts do not possess high intelligence so they didn't know when to advance or retreat because they already lost their senses once they smell blood.

She didn't know how did those despicable people provoke these demonic beasts.

The scent of blood is like a drug to them, tempting and stimulating.

Everyone turned pale as the demonic beasts rapidly approached them, their hearts thumping loudly.

"don't bite me, I'm not delicious at all" little fatty's face turned white as his legs weakened at the sight. He chanted in a weak murmuring voice seeing one of the demonic beasts charging towards him at full speed.

Everyone's heart leaps out of their ribs violently, unable to react in time but still thinking of intercepting the attack.

Yu Yue's heart wrenched in worry, of all the people here she was closest to this little fatty, they'd been together for almost a year already. 

Little fatty almost fainted as he wept into tears, if it were not for his heart beating wildly he would have thought he was already dead.

He internally asked 'why me?' aggrievedly. He still wants to eat more delicious foods especially those foods Yu Yue made he haven't even heard of before. Even at death's door, he could only think of food.

Their group keeps edging toward the end of the cliff slowly. Preparing to jump at the cliff. Yu Shutian put Yu Yue down and was just preparing to run toward little fatty's side to save him.

'No, I can't die again!' Yu Yue's heart pounds loudly in fear. She's truly scared witless this time as three more demonic beasts appeared.

She's fearful that she might return to her past life or she might never be able to see the sun again. Either way is not okay with her at all.

Seeing her like this, Xing He who just caught on after dealing with the few other demonic beasts make a move right away, his face full of worry. If he tarried for too long, Yu Yue might jump down the cliff.

Little fatty's eyes quickly brightened as he shouted. "uncle master please save me, boohoo" he literally cried in joy while still holding a piece of chicken legs. He bites on it tightly, as if he wasn't about to die just now.

The mercenary team almost laugh out loud if it were not for the precarious situation. Yu Yue and the gang were embarrassed for him instead, they can't wait to beat him up.

Yu Yue's eyes also brightened as she face-palmed mentally. Right, how can she forget that her father sends someone to protect her in the dark? Though she didn't know that it was uncle Xing He.

She already passed out last time Xing He appeared only little fatty and the few other de clansmen knew of Xing He's existence. Xing He also didn't appear again after that.

It only took one strike and the demonic beast who was about to shred little fatty into dregs went limp and fall backward unmoving.

Yu Shutian's eyes open wide at the incredulous sight. Even he, a cultivator at his level, and the Lin family people were helpless against these demonic beasts yet this master only makes a small move and the demonic beast died silently just like that.

Everyone's eyes also widened into a daze.

What's going on? Are they hallucinating after death? They gasp in disbelief after Xing He killed all four demonic beasts in less than a time it took a breath singlehandedly.

"Uncle master, boohoo. I knew it, you would show up and save us in no time just like last time" little fatty wipe his snot as he kept crying disgracefully then take a bite of the chicken leg he was holding in his other hand.

"Uncle Xing He, it's you!" Yu Yue ran towards him rather excitedly after recovering from her daze, she misses the bright moon palace and now that she saw a familiar face she quickly ran towards him in relief. Her heart still pounding wildly though.

Xing He smiled as he cupped his fist to salute at her. "this subordinate greets the third miss" he said as he too showed a rare warm smile.