𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

Peace.

Peace wasn't a word to describe any of the realms for the past year and a half. Heaven was frantically running left and right to counter the attacks from Hell, and Jeradua was using its emergency funds to support the city.

Xyla held into her riches as her kingdom was crumbling, and she held on to her secrets tighter. The only thing that mattered to her was the youth she now possessed. The youth that she could attribute to the merciful God that she served in Heaven.

She was happy with herself, but a part of her deep down was aware that it was her fault that the kingdom was suffering. The cries of women and children in the realm would slightly soften her stone heart, but it was always fleeting. Felix however, stayed up days and nights to fix the damage that's he became solely responsible for.

He sensed that his wife was keeping secrets from him, but instead of investigating it, he focused his attention on the countless people in Jeradua begging for help. HIS help. It wasn't until Syn took the throne and began attacking did he truly begin actively being a king.

The kingdom looked upon him in shame that the only thing that spurred his leadership into action was the competitiveness he had with his brother. Regardless of the reasons for his newfound actions, their festivals continued, money was a little less scarce, and nobody went home to an empty fridge.

Xyla's attentiveness to him slowly dwindled into a screeching stop. The only time they ever looked at one another was during public interviews and the months when the Queenz Competition took place. Xyla had won every single year, but they didn't dare challenge Syn's throne as that would prove fatal for the future of Jeradua.

Xavia stood at the gates of Heaven and awaited the familiar angel that always met her for blood. She used to be worried about her supply running low, but that worry was gone, and in its place stood a sweet and silent victory. A victory that her sister would be miserable over, but it didn't bother her one bit.

"Zacharius," she greeted as the angel walked out of the gates.

"Your highness," he nodded. He passed her a rectangular velvet box that contained the instrument and fluid responsible for keeping her young and she gladly accepted it.

"How's the girl?" Xyla asked. It was rare that she ever checked in on her, but occasionally she wanted to know how her fountain of youth was doing.

"She's...living," he said. "We believe she may hold the key to taking down the Underworld."

"Do whatever you like," Xyla replied. "As long as I get the blood, it doesn't matter to me what happens to her."

"Noted," he said.

"Don't let her escape again," she said to him sternly. She held no power over him, but the Angel felt that due to her recent interactions with God, he was forced to be submissive.

"We will not."

Xyla walked away from Zacharius and the smile he had plastered on his face slowly dropped. He made sure to let her believe everything was okay, but truth was, Heaven was in shambles. After a message from one of Heaven's undercover Angels, they were scrambling to find the existence of an Anti-Christ.

Zacharius scrambled back into the palace and groaned at the chaos before him. Papers were being thrown all over the floor as panic ensued. He thought of the times when Heaven was a peaceful place. They thrived on order and submission, but now, as God left for long periods, there was nobody to guide them.

Since the beginning of time, they relied on God to instruct their every move without any grievances. The last time someone disobeyed God's orders, they were kicked out of Heaven, and all the angels took that as evidence enough not to stray. Their pure adherence to the rules was what kept them "angels", but it was destroying them. No one here was capable of holding the reins that God held over them.

"What is going on in here?!" God's voice thundered in the room. Everyone immediately froze at his unexpected presence, but immediately bowed before him. "Someone answer me!"

"M-my lord, we believe the Anti-Christ has come into existence."

"Who dares to say such a thing?!" God's voice zapped through the large room like thunder. "Come forward!"

An angel stood up and stepped before God, and the room watched in fear and curiosity. "I did."

"Leah, why would you speak such an atrocious lie?" He questioned her.

"I-I'm not sir, you can trust me," she stuttered. "I was the one who found Xavia after all."

"If the Anti-Christ arrived," God began angrily. "I would be the first one to know. There is no Anti-Christ and you are doing nothing but wreaking havoc. Has Lucifer tainted your mind, child?!"

"N-no, I swear," she said. "I heard him talking about the baby with Genesis. Apparently Queen and Syn take care of him."

"Did they say the exact words Anti-Christ?"

"No, but when they had him over he had a voice that—...he's a child, but he has magic and his voice is so...evil. Queen and Syn haven't had another child so we're not aware where he's from."

God looked out at the crowd of Angels worriedly. His face didn't show his true fear at the allegations being made by Leah, but on the inside...there was only panic. He knew that her evidence alone wasn't enough to prove his existence, but that along with the disappearance of his Seers made him doubt his ability to detect evil in the world.

"What is the child's name?" He questioned her.

"Saint SinClaire."

꧁꧂

THE END

⬆️Scroll Up⬆️