131. 𝐿𝑖𝑎𝑟 𝐿𝑖𝑎𝑟

Syn
1 Week Later

One week. An entire fucking week of radio silence and failed searches from Queen. All of us tried calling her, but we were blocked. The only ones who weren't were Mia and Cain, but Cain hadn't been back to the palace and Queen didn't answer Mia's calls for some reason.

Adam was the only one in the palace who firstly had no contact with Queen and secondly wasn't worried at all. He spent his days lounging around the palace without a care in the world and I for one, couldn't figure out how he did it.

Every time I questioned him, all he said was. "A dad always knows..." Knows fucking what?! His riddles were beginning to drive me fucking insane.

If a dad "knew" and was able to live worry-free, why did I stay up nights thinking about my kids?

If a dad "KNEW", why didn't my father seem to worry that he was ripping me apart by not letting me see James? Today would mark almost two weeks since I've seen James. He called me often, but it wasn't the same as seeing him or watching our shows together.

Mia let us know that Queen was going to be on some show tonight and we were all waiting in the living room to watch it. I looked towards Cleo who had finally managed to drag herself out of bed for the first time in a week since Queen left and I sighed.

Xavier and Cas were both distraught as well, but they were worried about Cleo and the baby. Queen was her best friend and I couldn't imagine that this entire situation didn't stress her out.

"Umm," Mia bummed as she looked at her watch. "I think it should be starting in a couple of minutes."

She took a seat in the far corner of one of the couches and I relaxed. The only reason I hadn't already kicked her ass out was that she was Queen's friend.

"Do you guys think she's okay?" Cleo asked softly.

"Hopefully," Xavier answered as he kissed the top of her head.

"I mean we'll see right now, won't we?" Caspian asked as he gestured towards the television. He turned to me after eyeing Cleo and he gave me a small smile. "Are you ready to see her?"

I shrugged in response to his question. Truthfully, I was beyond ecstatic to see her. In my angry state, I had her things burned and after I found out she didn't cheat, I immediately regretted it. I tried to salvage what hadn't turned into ashes, but it was completely useless.

The only thing in the palace that was left of her was her lingering scent in her room. For that reason, I spent my nights there. I wouldn't have been able to fall asleep if I didn't. The only downside to it was I'd wake up in the morning to reach out for her and find her side of the bed empty. That was the most painful thing. Having that small hope in the morning that she'd be next to me...then have it completely crushed my the cool sheets where she used to lay.

"This is delicious," Adam said with a full mouth from the kitchen. "You're an amazing cook, Syn."

"Are you going to watch your daughter?" I said as I gestured towards the TV.

"No," he said as he waved his hand. "She's perfectly fine. I'm going to go to my room. You kids have fun."

We all watched him in bewilderment as he took his plate and walked up the stairs to go to his room. "How is he so calm?" Xavier asked.

"That's what I'm saying," I muttered.

"She probably told him she was leaving," Caspian said. "Have you guys asked him?"

"No, he said that he hasn't heard from her," I said.

"Shhh! Guys, it's starting!" Mia said.

We all turned to the television as the theme song for the talk show turned on and I took a deep breath as I prepared myself.