74. 𝑀𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑂𝑓 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐻𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑒

Mia

I sat in the lobby of Cain's building and tapped my leg nervously. Queen let me know he was okay but I needed to see him for myself. I knew he didn't want to see me but I was hoping that we could talk and I'd somehow be able to get him to forgive me.

After leaving the hospital, I was left with my thoughts and I came to the realization that I was in love with Cain. That wasn't fair to Jackson so I called off our engagement and told him the truth. He's yet to respond to my voicemails but that would have to be a battle for another day.

I needed to get my shit together and decide what I wanted...as a single woman.

A security guard in the lobby spoke on his walkie as he eyed me and I gave him a small smile. He made his way towards me moments later and stood in front of me like some statue.

"Ma'am, I'm going to need your name."

Earlier in the hospital my name was the only one not allowed in so I assumed it'd be the same for wherever he lived. "Cleo Deveaux," I lied. Hopefully, they wouldn't know who she was.

He nodded and muttered an apology before returning to his spot by the elevator. I thought about my options and looked around. If I had a key like one of the residents here, I could wait on the elevator. But if Cain saw me out here and rejected me, the guards would definitely "escort" me out.

I didn't like the only option I had left but I was desperate. With my decision made, I stood up from the chair and approached the front desk with a sweet smile. "Hi, I'm here to see Master Cain."

The receptionist's eyes widened and she nodded quickly as she stood up. "Do you have your proper attire?"

"No, I wasn't aware there was any," I said slowly. I'd been here a few times to pick up Cain but I've never actually been to his place.

"Follow me, Master is very strict when it comes to these things," she walked past the receptionist area to a back room and I followed her. "Also, it's just Master, not Master Cain. I made that mistake when I first got here and trust me when I say, it never happened again."

"You're a sub?" I asked in shock.

"Well, I'm in training for now. The club I interviewed for has this as a mandatory...course."

"That must suck," I said with a small laugh.

"I thought it would, but I like it."

"Oh."

"Here we are," she said as she unlocked a room. I walked into the luxurious dressing room and she walked in behind me. "What size are you?"

"Umm, size six."

She nodded before disappearing into another room and I sighed as I looked around. What am I getting myself into?

The door closed and I looked back in her direction. She held a small stack of clothes in her hand and set it on the table beside me. "There is a shower over there to your left, once you've put this on, leave your items in an empty locker and put on a robe. When you finish, come out and I'll escort you to the master's penthouse."

"Okay," I said.

"I'll leave him a note that there is a new sub. Any contracts or paperwork will be discussed with him after your interview."

"Interview?" I asked. "What type of questions does he ask?"

She laughed softly and shook her head. "There's not a lot of talking. You haven't seen the website, have you?"

"No, I haven't."

"You should look at it before you make a decision," she said.

"Do I even have time for that?"