62. 𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝐹*𝑐𝑘 𝑊𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑄𝑢𝑒𝑒𝑛

Queen

If Syn and I hadn't been through a similar situation like this in the past I would've pondered the idea of it being anyone else. But the anonymity and especially the smiley face made it clear it was him.

I shook my head at the message and quickly wrote one back:

Me: I'm not doing this with you. Bye.
1:03 am

I set my phone down on the nightstand and got into my covers. I didn't feel like dealing with him when I knew if I kept messaging him he'd think everything was okay. I closed my eyes and thought random thoughts to drown on the image of Syn and me. It was working for a while until my phone vibrated on the table and my eyes opened.

I groaned and turned on my back to look at the dark ceiling and to resist the urge to pick up my phone. Don't look at it. Stay strong. I took deep breaths and repeated my mantra over and over again.

Until I received another notification.

With that final straw, I lost all my self-control and picked up my phone.

Syn: I wasn't done talking to you, Princess.
1:07 am

Syn: I can't sleep.
1:10 am

Me: Maybe if you got off your phone you could.
1:11 am

Syn: Maybe if you came in here, I could.
1:15 am

Me: You take forever to text back 🙄.
1:15 am

I waited for a couple of minutes for a reply but didn't get one. This was probably a good thing anyway since he was lagging to tease me. I snuggled back into the sheets to go to sleep, and just like always, I was interrupted by Syn.

I groaned as sleep was on the cusp of taking over me and begrudgingly picked up my phone to look at his message.

Syn: So sorry. Don't roll your virtual eyes at me 🙄.
1:40 am

Me: You're so annoying. Stop texting me.
1:43 am

Syn: I'll stop texting you if you come...
1:44 am

I bit my lip at the double innuendo in the message and shook my head. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss Syn in that way. I mean I missed him in every way. If I closed my eyes I could almost feel his strong and calloused hands roaming over my body, his lips on my breast, and his big-

Ding!

Syn: Stop having dirty thoughts, Mrs. SinClaire. It wouldn't take much for them to be a reality. Come here.
1:46 am

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

Me: Pfft. I'm not coming to you. You have legs.
1:46 am

My message was immediately seen but no chat bubble appeared for him to text back. I set my phone down again and laid back until I heard a slow and steady knock at my door. I flipped on the lamp beside my bed and yawned as I walked to the door.

Everyone knew better than to disturb me this late. I opened the door and when I saw Syn standing in front of me, I clenched my jaw to keep my mouth from dropping. He was shirtless and his sweat pants hung low on his torso, exposing his muscular abdomen and pronounced v-line.

He smelled of fresh mint and his hair was still wet from whatever shower he must've taken. His eyes trailed to the top of my head and I snapped out of my trance as I remembered the bonnet I was wearing. I wasn't prepared for anyone to come so I wasn't at all presentable.