13. 𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝐻𝑖𝑑𝑒

⚠️Disclaimer: ⚠️
This chapter contains sexual content/mature themes. Read at your own discretion.

Queen

1 hour Ago

I crossed my arms as Syn unlocked the door to his house. I'd been here before but I knew he didn't know that fact so I'd have to keep it to myself as well. He opened the door for me and placed his hand at the small of my back as he walked in.

I acted aloof as he led me into the living room and I looked around in mock fascination as he put the bag of groceries down. "Nice place," I complimented.

He moved away from the kitchen counter and walked to me. "Thanks," he said as he reached out for my things. "I'll set these down for you."

I smiled and gave him my purse and jacket and I felt more exposed than I did earlier. Somehow having something in my arms was keeping me calmer.

I hadn't been in this house since before Syn died, yet it looked pretty much the same. The modern-styled white mansion was built of glass and surrounded by woods and a lake that went on for miles. This was as close to secluded as you could get in Juva.

Maybe that was the reason I was so nervous. A part of me wasn't afraid to be alone with him considering I knew him better than anyone. Yet the other part of me knew that he was different now. What if what attracted him to me was the soulmate bond?

The car was dark so my confidence was immeasurable. That was a stark difference from this brightly lit house that would expose every single one of my flaws. The Syn I previously knew made me feel beautiful no matter what, but he wasn't here.

Syn came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist as he kissed my neck. I was obviously horny and ready for him, but my anxiety won the battle between my heart and pussy.

"I-umm...I'm actually don't want to..." I said with a nervous laugh. I knew guys didn't like being rejected like this so I was nervous for his response and mentally prepared myself to be kicked out. "If that's okay..." I added.

He subtlety let me go and smiled down at me. "I'm going to make popcorn and if you want to shower the restroom is down the hall to your left."

"Thank you," I said softly.

He nodded and walked towards the kitchen and I let out a sigh of relief and walked to the restroom. I closed the door behind me and leaned against the wall as I bit my lip and screamed at myself in silence. Why did you do that? I had no idea why except the fact that I was scared of his reaction to my body.

It took me a long time to be comfortable with myself around Syn and now it felt like we were completely starting over. I stood in front of the mirror removed my clothes and looked at myself. I didn't exactly have the worst body but it wasn't the same after I had Xavia.

The stretched marks remained even after my body returned to normal and I had put on weight. More weight than Syn had seen at least. Twenty pounds over three years wasn't ridiculous, but when you have a man breathing down your neck and pointing out every ounce you gain...it feels like a ton.

I sighed and tied my hair up in a bun before getting into the shower. I didn't feel like drying it here so I'd just wash it when I got home. I turned on the shower and stepped into the warm stream. Fifteen minutes later, I was out and dancing to air dry in the humid air since I had forgotten to ask for a towel, or clothes for that matter.

A knock at the door interrupted me from my personal concert and I opened it to peek my head out. I smiled when I saw Syn holding out a towel for me.