40. 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝐵𝑒ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑌𝑜𝑢

Queen

Syn grinned up at me with an emotional look on his face and I remained in my spot. What the hell did he mean it was empty?

"Stop playing with me," I whispered.

"I'm not playing, Princess. Look for yourself." He jumped out of the hole and I took a step forward as he said. He nodded at me, silently urging me to take a peek and I did.

I moved my head over the burial place and covered my mouth when I looked into an empty casket. I looked back at Syn and he laughed softly. "Where is she?"

"I have no idea, but she's somewhere," he said.

"She's alive?" I asked.

"In one way, shape or form she is...somehow. I'm still not sure about it all," he said as he rubbed his temples.

I walked over to him and he crossed his arms and looked down at me. "I'm sorry for being a bitch a few minutes ago."

"You weren't a bitch," he said sincerely. "Your reaction was well deserved. What I said sounded crazy."

"But it was true," I said happily as I looked back down at the empty grave. This felt surreal, almost like a dream in some way. The love of my life was back, and now my daughter might've been as well. The anxiety from waiting to be woken up and trying not to get too excited was overwhelming.

"How did she look?" I asked excitedly.

"I'm not sure, I was drunk as shit," he mumbled regrettably.

"Well, did she seem happy? Was she scared? Why was she at a bar? How did she get there?" I rambled.

Syn gave me a small and pulled me against his chest. "She was...lively, she sounded happy. She didn't seem scared to me. I think she came to see me and I have no idea how she got there."

I smiled at his answers and thought more about her. After she died, I spent many sleepless nights thinking about the amazing woman I knew she would've grown into. It was soul-crushing but I couldn't stop myself.

"Tell me what happened at the bar again?" I asked.

He told me from beginning to end how she started a conversation with him. How they talked about me, her advice, how the bartender claimed to not have seen her...At the end of his story, I was left more confused than I was when we started.

"So she was a grown woman?" I asked again.

"Yes," he answered.

"That's so weird," I muttered. I looked back up to Syn to ask another question and he looked down at me with one hundred percent focus and alertness. The attentiveness made my cheeks heat and I looked away from him. "I'm being annoying, I'm sorry."

"You're good. I'll answer any questions you have."

"I honestly have one now," I said simply.

"What is that?" He asked.

"What do we do now?"

"I'm not sure," he answered. "But I think we wait for her. She found me easily once and if she wanted to find me again, I'm sure she would."

"Okay," I whispered. I trusted his input right now more than my emotional one. I looked at the pile of first around us and groaned. "We need to put all of this back."

"Why?" He questioned.

I scoffed and raised a brow at him as I stepped away from his hold on me. "Because it's disrespectful."