100. 𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝐴𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛

Syn

"Eve," I said dryly. "When hiding, it's best to not make noise." As soon as I paid attention to the area she was hiding, her aura make was suffocating. There was no doubt in my mind that it was her.

She stepped out of the shadows and crossed her arms as she walked towards me. I looked at the silver metal attached to a belt around her waist and I rolled my eyes. Whatever reason she was here, it wasn't for a friendly chat.

She stopped walking when she got a few feet away from me and I shoved my hands into my pockets. "What are you doing here?"

"I can't be here to see Cain?" She asked innocently. "My son has been looking rather...sad, you know?"

"Cut the bullshit," I said. "Why are you here?"

"My sister and my brothers are dead," she said. I remained quiet as I watched her and she raised a brow at me. "Aren't you going to say 'sorry for your condolences' or anything?"

"Oh right," I said in remembrance. "No."

"I guess I should've expected that," she said slowly.

"You did. You're not here for me to give you my best wishes. What do you want?"

"After their deaths, I went to the empty crime scene and looked around. There was nothing at all."

"Okay..."

"Except," she said as she held a finger up. "There was this strong and dark energy in the spots where they stood. One that didn't belong to an Upperworlder."

"Can you speed this up?" I asked dryly.

"You may be asking yourself, why would an unknown entity be at a festival in Heaven strictly for Heaven's beings?"

"I wasn't asking myself that at all."

"Well, I asked myself!" She snapped. "I tracked down that energy and you couldn't imagine my shock to find that it was here."

"Mhmm."

She stepped towards me and began sniffing and I looked at her in shock and disgust. "It's not you or any of your friends and family, so who is it?"

"I have no idea, but you sound insane," I muttered.

"I know you all had something to do with their deaths," she said through gritted teeth as she glared at me. 

"We know nothing about it, we were all home during the festival," I admitted truthfully. There was absolutely no lie at all when it came to our whereabouts.

"You're lying!" She yelled.

"You have no proof of anything so I suggest you leave the Underworld. Now."

"You're right," she nodded as she stepped back. "I don't have the proof right now, but I will get some. And when I do, you will have the full force of Heaven raining down on you."

"That's nothing new," I replied.

"Since I'm here anyway," she started as she picked up her blade. "I have a bone to pick with the Queen of Hell."

"Stay away from her," I seethed as I stepped towards her.

"Why? She killed me. It's only fair that I return the favor," she laughed. Before I could say anything or make a move towards her, she disappeared into thin air.

I turned on my heel and sped into the palace and back to the dining room where everyone was. They all looked up at me wide-eyed and I looked around the room.