91. 𝑇𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑇𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑠

Iris

I struggled to keep back tears as the pain paddle repeatedly hit me. Usually, he made subs count when he punished us but today, he made Mia count while I took the hits.

I knew she liked him a lot so I didn't want her to get hit by him. If she could make him happy, there didn't need to be a reason for her to hate him. After all the ways he helped me, that was important to me.

He was usually more vocal during punishments but he was unusually quiet. Minutes before, he was talkative with Mia but he didn't say a word as he spanked me. I thought it was because of our kiss before but it was more likely that he liked Mia. I mean, there was no need not to. She was drop-dead gorgeous and she seemed nice.

I screamed out as one hit hurt more than any of them and I bit my lip to stop from crying. Cain surprisingly stopped his movements and crouched down to my level. "Use your safe word," he whispered.

"I'm okay, Master," I said in a strained voice. He seemed disappointed at my answer but I made myself seem okay.

My skin color said otherwise but I didn't want him to worry. I hated the fact that my changing skin tones made me so easy to read but I couldn't control it. After I got married, my husband became possessive and decided to strip me of my ability to remain one color.

It's been annoying ever since but I had learned to live with it. Cain himself had encouraged me to love it. I hardly loved any parts of myself but he made me hate them a little less with each parting day.

I still wasn't fully comfortable, which made this entire punishment all the more emotional. The pain was a close second to the embarrassment.

The sting of the hits because decreasingly painful and I wondered why he had softened the blows. Did anyone else notice?

"Thirty," Mia counted.

I sat on my heels and wiped away my tears. Cain hated us crying and I usually didn't but today, I couldn't control it. I grabbed my clothes from the floor and seeing as Cain made no move to say anything, I walked to my room.

I quickly closed the door behind me and winced as I walked to the tall mirror in the room. I looked at the bruised spots on my ass and took a shaky breath. My skin wasn't usually this sensitive but then again I hardly ever did anything to receive a punishment.

I took a few deep breaths in the mirror and let myself return to my normal skin tone and I looked at myself in the mirror. Before, I would've avoided looking at my body because of my ex-husband's harsh comments, but now I was doing a bit better.

Granted I was still insecure that I didn't look like everyone else, I had some worthy attributes that Cain made me appreciate. My boobs were a decent size...I guess. There was nothing special about them but they weren't bad...so yay for me.

A knock at my door interrupted me "praising" my body and I walked to the door. I opened it slightly to see Cain holding a small jar of the cream he usually put on us after punishments and I held my hand out.

"I can do it, Master," I said.

"I got it. Open the door."

I opened the door as he asked and I closed it behind him. He walked silently towards my bed and gestured for me to lay down. I crawled onto the high bed and I cringed when the bed creaked slightly.

That's embarrassing. It was just the Master but I would've been nervous in front of anyone. I wasn't the biggest girl in the world but I had a little thickness to me that was hard to forget every time I made the damn bed cry.