7. 𝐼 𝐷𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑑 𝐴 𝐷𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚

⚠️Disclaimer: ⚠️
This chapter contains sexual content/mature themes. Read at your own discretion.

Syn

"So my mother lied for them?" I asked. They all nodded and I sat back in my seat. It shouldn't have hurt as much, but it did. Before I died, I tried to get closer to my mother. And I thought we had, but she let my murderer go free? It didn't matter that he was her son, so was I...the least he deserved was jail time.

"I need to speak with her," I said as I stood up from the table.

My father's eyes widened and he shook his head. "You can't right now!"

"Why not?"

"It's too dangerous," he said. "And it's late, she could be sleeping."

I scoffed. "Her dead son just came to life. Sleep matters? I have to have a few words with her." Before he could say anything else I snapped my fingers. When I opened my eyes I was still surrounded by everyone and they looked at me in confusion. I snapped once again but nothing happened. "What the fuck?!"

"Your powers aren't working?" Xavier asked.

"No, it's not fucking working." I snapped my fingers a few more times yet nothing happened once again. "Why isn't it working?"

They all glanced at one another and I waited for someone to speak. "Why are my powers gone?!"

"Umm...maybe it has something to do with you dying," Cleo suggested.

"Yeah, no shit."

"You're still an asshole," Cleo pouted as she crossed her arms.

"It'll come back soon," my father spoke up.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I just have a feeling," he shrugged as he looked around. What the fuck?  I didn't know what it was but I couldn't help but think they were hiding something from me. Being this clueless made me feel like I was going insane.

"Well Cleo, make a portal to Jeradua so I can speak to my mother," I said.

"Syn just wait," Xavier said. "I don't think you should go right now. Just wait until another day when you're more...adjusted." I didn't feel like doing what he said but Xavier usually made the right decisions when it came to helping me. I trusted him.

"Fine," I said.

"It's late, you all should just spend the night," Lucifer said.

I glanced at James who fell asleep on the couch and I got up to take him to his room but Lucifer beat me to it. I watched as he gently lifted James from the couch and walked up the stairs. I was glad to see that he stepped up like I had asked him to but I felt a bit out of place. The world moved on for years without me. What was I supposed to do now?

I snapped myself out of my thoughts when Xavier hugged me again. "I'm so glad you're back."

I sighed. "Glad to be back."

Lucifer rushed back down the stairs and smiled at me. "I don't think I have to show you where your room is, do I?" he asked. That he didn't. We always came here during the summer when I was younger. I was left alone here most of the time with the guards but I kept myself entertained somehow.

I nodded and dismissed myself to go to my bedroom. I took in the familiar surrounding of the barely decorated room and shut the door behind me. There wasn't much to it, but it was clean. That's all I needed.

I removed my clothes and crawled into the large bed. Turning off the lights, I laid on my back and stared at the dark ceiling. It felt comfortable but something was wrong. I couldn't exactly pinpoint it but my chest ached. My legs were yearning to walk to a destination I had no idea about and it was almost painful.