49. 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡...𝐴 𝐵𝑜𝑜𝑘

Syn

I checked my watch for the millionth time since Queen had disappeared into the closet. I told her to dress casually so I didn't understand why she was taking so long.

Maybe she changed her mind.

That was my nerves talking. I had never been on a date before, at least not that I could remember. In the past with any girls I was seeing, I never bothered.

What if I'm boring? What do I even talk about?

My questions made me wish that I had gone on dates before her so I could be more experienced. She deserved the best but I was far from that.

But she knew who I was before I died, right? And she married me regardless...so maybe she won't care that I'm horrible at these things.

I turned to the closet door when I heard her footsteps coming towards it and I stood up. Sit, this is weird. I immediately sat back down again but as soon as she opened the door, I stood up and my breath caught.

"Hey," she whispered as she walked out.

"You look..." I was at a loss for words and couldn't find the words to express my bewilderment.

"Syn relax," she said as she looked down at her clothes. "It's whatever."

"It's not whatever, you look amazing."

Granted she wasn't wearing a luxurious dress, but she was mesmerizing. Her ripped jeans clung to her curvy lower body and her black lace crop top accentuated the swell of her beautiful breasts. The black matching heels made her legs look like they went on for miles and I imagined them wrapped around my waist while I-

"Earth to Syn," she said with a laugh.

I blinked a couple of times and looked back at her. "Hey."

"Hi," she giggled.

I stood in front of her and couldn't help but feel like I should've been handing her something. Shit. "Flowers."

"What?" She asked. I moved to snap my fingers but she rushed to me and held her hand over mine. "No magic, remember?"

"Shit, right." How could I forget that?

"I don't need flowers," she assured. "They die when I touch them anyway." When she noticed the confused expression on my face she shook her head. "Story for another day."

"Got it," I said as I grabbed the keys from the counter and headed for the door.

"Midnight blue was a good choice," she said.

"Excuse me?" I asked as I glanced back at her.

"For your hair, I like it. Your eyes are going to be kind of hard to get used to," she said humorously.

"What? I don't look good with brown eyes?" I joked.

"You look good in anything," she said.

"So do you," I said. "Who knew you'd pull off green eyes?"

"Me," she said as she moved to flip her hair over her shoulder. When her hand connected with air she pouted and I laughed. "I'm not used to this."

"You look good, trust me. I think I like this even better," I admitted as I move an out-of-place hair.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yes." Her now burgundy hair was in two buns on either side of her head with curly strands of hair spilling out onto her face.

I wouldn't have even noticed the style with anybody else but it was different with her. Reasons why I fell in love with her before were becoming incredibly evident. I didn't doubt that I'd experience that all over again as I got to know her.