33. 𝐹𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝐴 𝑄𝑢𝑒𝑒𝑛

Syn

It's not like I wanted her to be on the run from the cops with me. That's the last thing I wanted. But then why was hearing her say she'd come with me so satisfying.

She looked around nervously and then back up at me. "Can we go?" She whispered.

"Right," I said as I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Syn!" Cleo hissed from the phone. I was surprised at her voice considering I forgot she was on the phone.

"Yes?" I whispered.

"The police are doing a magic lock on all the realms," she said.

"Shit," Queen muttered. I gripped my phone until my knuckles turned white and held it up against my head. It would be hard enough to evade the police with my magic and now I wouldn't be able to use it.

Magic locks weren't something that happened frequently. The realms only ever used it for extremely dangerous situations. It wasn't like we couldn't use our abilities though, we could. But warlocks in charge of it would be able to pinpoint the location and user of it.

For Queen and I now, that meant no spells or portals. Without any of those that meant-

"We're screwed," Queen said.

I sighed and shook my head. "Trust me?"

She nodded. "Always."

"Cleo, we'll call you all when we can. Let the family know nothing Dimitri says is true." I heard her say something else on the phone but I quickly hung up and took off the spell shielding Queen and me.

I took her hand into mine and peeked out into the hallway. I groaned as I saw a forensics team headed towards us and I turned back to Queen who still looked visibly weak. I needed to get her to a hospital as soon as possible.

"Can you run?" I asked.

"I can try," she said with a small smile.

I looked back at the team head towards us and shook my head. Thankfully the magic lock didn't apply to innate abilities meaning that my vampire speed was an option.

The only problem with that was...since this was Juva, most of the forensics teams and police were supernatural. But since that was my only option, I just needed to be faster than they were.

Queen gasped as I carried her into my arms and I let out a determined breath as I looked down at her. "Hold on tight."

She wrapped her arms around my neck and I sped through the corridor and past the team. They must've noticed me because it wasn't long before I heard footsteps moving past me.

"He's still in here!" Someone yelled.

"Lock-off all the exits in the building!"

I continued running and avoiding the police as Queen buried her face into my chest. Her trust in me to get her out of here was something I liked immensely. I rounded a corner and stopped running when I saw a group of officers along with Dimitri.

Before they could see me, I slipped into a conference room with Queen and remained silent as I listened to their conversation.

"Where's the elevator footage?" Dimitri asked.

"We have it on a flash drive and deleted it from the building's video camera memory," a man said. "We'll destroy the flash drive as well."

"Don't," Dimitri said. "I'd like to watch it."

They all laughed together and I shook my head. It was beginning to become evidently clear that Dimitri had a lot of not all of the police is Juva on his side. They continued talking and I looked down at Queen who was fanning her face as if she were about to sneeze.