155. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑊𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑠

Syn

3 Days Later

"Don't worry," I assured Saint. He had just woken up, and I mentioned food to him but he kept trying to crawl away. "It's not peas or carrots."

At my words, he stopped trying to crawl away on the bed but he eyed me cautiously. I reached my arms out for him, and instead of trying to move away, he held up one arm. He used the other one to hold himself up, and I looked down at him proudly before scooping him up in my arms.

I nodded to the guards and they bowed as I walked down the halls. I made my way to the stairs, and when I was downstairs, the servants were in the foyer along with a few people of power in Hell and I looked at them in surprise. "What is this?" I asked Hades, who was closest to the stairwell.

"They all heard that Queen stepped down, and they're here to welcome you to welcome you," Hades answered.

Weird. "Oh, umm okay." They all looked up at me as if I was supposed to say something and I cleared my throat. "Does anyone have any questions? I don't do speeches."

"Will your ruling style be a reflection of Queen SinClaire's?" An older gentleman in the front asked.

"Queen was an amazing ruler, and I commend her for all the progress she's made down here. I won't be changing any reforms down here, but I won't be as nice as she was. We have issues with our army and our intake of souls has gone lower every single year. I'm going to be bringing back the soul contracts."

There were murmurs throughout the foyer and a small number of people completely freaked out about what I said.

"I have a family, I can't do that," someone said.

"What if we expose ourselves to humans on Earth?"

"We're going to be in danger!"

"Silence, everyone!" I ordered. The room became unnaturally quiet at my order and I looked around. "You all used to do soul contracts when my father was in charge. We are known for selling dreams and taking souls! What has happened to you all in these past few years?!"

"The Queen abolished the practice," someone said. "Fairies we're getting killed because of it."

"I know that," I said. "That's why fairies won't be doing them this time. Everyone else will."

Everyone's eyes snapped to me including Xavier who looked shocked in the corner of the room. In general, demons dealt with torture and fairies made deals, but my plans were going to completely change the game.

"Sir, I'm not sure if that's a good idea," a woman said. "We belong in the Underworld. There are hardly any of us on Earth."

"Raise your hand, if you're an underworlder...yet you've never set foot out of the Underworld, Juva, or Jeradua."

Almost everyone in the entire room raised their hands and I nodded knowingly. "Keep your hands raised if you'd like to."
The people's hands that were up before, stayed up and Hades looked at me approvingly. For the past few days, he'd been my right hand when I wanted to talk about business in Hell and we both agreed on a lot of changes.

"But sir," the same older gentleman from before said. "There is a reason why mingling between Underworlders and people on Earth is contained. People get killed."

"Humans won't know we're there," I muttered. "Not for a few centuries. Humans are staying in Supernatural territories, why can't we stay in theirs? As for killing, anyone who acts violently towards anyone here without reason will be dealt with by me."