70. 𝐿𝑜𝑠𝑒𝑟

Queen

I danced with Cleo to the music in the kitchen and distracted my mind from thinking about Syn. Last night was a low point for me but I couldn't think of anything other than him cheating.

"Girl!" Cleo yelled through the music as she continued thrashing her head back and forth. "You got a notification."

I laughed at her movements and picked up my phone from the table. I hummed to the music as I looked at the message from Cain.

BigBro: Milk makes you fat. I love you.

I groaned as I set my phone back down and turned to Cleo. "He's not bringing it. He says it makes us fat."

"That asshole," Cleo groaned.

"That's YOUR best friend," I said with a laugh.

"Nope, that's YOUR brother," she argued back. "Do you have work today?"

"I do," I groaned. "But thankfully it's only for a few hours today."

"No," she whined. "I'm going to be so bored."

"You can hang out with..." I looked for who was still in the palace and shrugged. "Bezy...or Syn."

"And I'll pass," she said cheerfully. "I think I'll go visit Dimitri."

"Okay," I said. "Tell him I'll see him a bit later."

"Will do," she sang.

I gave her a quick peck on the cheek and hurried to a wall nearby before Syn could come. When I was done, he walked into the kitchen tiredly and my eyes widened. He smiled as our eyes connected and I rushed into the portal. When I stepped into my office, I turned to face it and anxiously looked at it.

"Please close, bitch!" I begged. "Please, please, plea—ohhhh I love you," I cheered as the portal disappeared and there was no sign of Syn anywhere.

I set my purse down onto the chair and sat down as I looked at my calendar for today. Strangely enough, it was all cleared and I stood up from my desk in confusion. I walked to the receptionist area where Mia was sitting with her head in her arms and I raised a brow.

I walked towards her and knocked on her marble work area and she sat up. "You good?"

"I'm okay," she said. "What's up?"

"Why is my day cleared?" I asked.

"Someone booked a meeting with you for the entire day, so I had to move all your other meetings around."

"Who?" I asked.

"I don't know, whoever it is was super important. They had one of those golden designs when they emailed me."

"Weird," I said. Only Kings and Queens had that for the most part. "What did they say?"

"They just said it's urgent that they speak to you and told me to clear your whole day."

"Did they same what time they were coming?" I asked.

"Nope."

"That's fucking rude," I said in annoyance. "I have shit to do."

"I know right? They're inconsiderate but it looks like we'll just have to wait around."

I nodded and looked at Mia's puffy eyes as if she'd been crying and I pulled up a chair next to her. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she whispered.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and rubbed it comfortingly. "You can talk to me, Mia."