93. 𝐼'𝑚 𝑆𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦

Mia

The guards instructed me to change and say goodbye to all of the girls. I knew Cain wanted me out but it felt like he was practically forcing me. The guards led me to the place where I kept my belongings before the interview and I took everything out.

My phone was filled with missed called and messaged from Jackson and I closed my eyes. I missed him more than I cared to admit. After all this craziness, I was craving some of the normalcy that he provided.

I just needed to stay strong, though. I called off the engagement for a reason and it needed to remain that way.

Even if it hurt.

He deserved more than a breakup text after three years but I didn't know how to tell him in person.

"We were told to take you outside," the guards said. Here they were, further rushing me for some reason. I rolled my eyes and followed them outside of the dressing room and into the lobby.

As we neared the see-through doors to the outside, my heart dropped as I saw Jackson and Cain standing together. Cain seemed like he was fuming as Jackson stood calmly and worry began to eat me up.

I held my things close against me as I raced past the guards and towards the two. I pushed past the doors and stood in front of Jackson to look up at Cain. "Don't hurt him," I warned.

A look of hurt passed through Cain's features but instead of saying anything, he gave me a single nod and walked back into the building. I frowned at his actions considering it was so unlike him and I turned to Jackson. "Are you okay?"

"He didn't touch me, by the way," Jackson said. "But thank you for caring."

Shit.

I turned to the building to go back and apologize to Cain for assuming AGAIN, but Jackson grabbed my arm. "Don't."

"Let go, I need to apologize."

I tried to remove my arm from his hold but he kept it firm and gave me a serious look. "Leave him alone."

"Stop," I yelled as I snatched my arm from him. "You need to stop being so jealous, I-"

"It's not about jealousy," he said. "You can leave me right here. You say he's your best friend but you can't see for yourself the amount of pain you're causing?" He gestured to Cain inside the building and I crossed my arms.

"Just stop. I love you, Mia. I love you so much but sometimes it's like you can't even see things beyond yourself," he said. "I've been here for three years. Through all your therapy and issues, I was in your corner with a heart full of love and patience. All of that...for you to break up with me over a text message."

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"I forgave the cheating in the past because you were going through a lot," he said. "But you're good now, you can't use that excuse. So if you slept with Cain, we might as well be done."

"I didn't sleep with him," I answered.

"But you have feelings for him, right?" He asked. "That can be worked on. But infidelity can't be, not again."

"I have feelings for him," I admitted. He nodded and took a step away from me and my heart ached. I grabbed his arm and shook my head. "But I still love you."

"What did I do?" He whispered as he looked down at the pavement.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

He looked back into my eyes and my heart splintered as I saw his eyes glistening with unshed tears. "To make you fall out of love with me."

The sky around us turned grey as if it was replicating what I felt inside and raindrops began falling onto us. Jackson didn't seem to care as he waiting for me to reply and I wiped my wet face.