115. 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑊𝑎𝑦 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝐿𝑖𝑒

Syn

I spent the next few hours doing research on the spell Lilith had used on Dimitri and Sebastian. It was an ancient one and there was no clear reversible spell. At least not that I could figure out as of now. I had concluded that we had a couple of options but none of them seemed safe.

We could kill Dimitri and let him come back as himself...the problem right that was that it meant Sebastian would be free to roam the earth until he found a new body.

Exorcising him was also a possibility but it would have the same result.

The third and perhaps more lethal option that we had was to turn to black magic as Lilith had. The problem with that was that there was always a consequence when using it. I wondered what we would have to give up to be able to do that.

I sighed as I pulled away from the table and I ran a hand through my hair. In a perfect world, we'd find Dimitri a new body and I'd torture Sebastian for the rest of eternity. But looking at our luck in the past few years, it was going to be a lot more difficult than that.

The door to the room opened and Queen walked in with a large grin on her face. She scurried to me and kissed me on the cheek before squealing and jumping around.

"Syn," she started. "He's amazing. We have so much in common!"

"Cool," I said lowly.

"I know, right?" She said with a sigh. "We were wrong about him. He and Cain have been through a lot."

"Yup."

"Why are you being so dry?" She joked as she wrapped her arms around my neck from behind me. Before I could answer, she picked up one of the papers in front of me and held it up. "Is this the spell Lilith used?"

"Mhmm."

She eyed it momentarily before sighing and putting the paper down. "It's a fixed spell. You can't directly reverse it without finding a loophole."

"Yup."

"Syn," she said as she pulled away. "What's wrong with you? Why are you acting like that?" She tried to tilt my face up to her but I pushed away her hand and stood up from the chair. I picked up her phone from the table and passed it to her.

"You left your phone in the car."

She took it from my hand with a frown on her face and sighed as she turned it on. "We're going to talk about your attitude in a second, Syn."

I leaned against the table and watched her look at her phone when a strange look appeared on her face. My chest caved in at what she could've been looking at, but when she found my eyes on her, she cleared her throat and put her phone away.

"You good?" I asked.

"I'm good. Are you?"

"I'm perfect."

"Great," she said slowly as she looked around awkwardly. "I need to go shower, I have a meeting to go to." She walked towards the restroom and I followed behind her.

"This late?" I questioned.

"It's barely six, Syn," she laughed.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I just said a meeting, Syn."

"With who?"

"People," she said as she walked into the restroom. "Why are you asking so many questions?"

"Why are you being so secretive?"

"I'm not." She began removing her clothes and I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration.