8. 𝐷𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑠 & 𝐸𝑥𝑒𝑠

Syn

The strange and sensual dreams with the unknown woman continued for the next three days. From the moment my head hit the pillow to the moment I got up and random parts of the day, my mind would be plagued with her.

Syn

"Syn!" My head snapped in the direction of the voice and I looked at Caspian who was eyeing me suspiciously. "I have been calling you. What's going on?"

I groaned and rubbed my eyes. "I don't know. I keep thinking about this girl," I admitted. A part of me felt guilty that I came here to get lunch with him yet my mind was elsewhere.

Caspian seemed intrigued him and he sat forward and leaned his arms on the table. "Spill. What's her name?"

I laughed softly and shook my head. "I have no idea."

"Is she hot?" Caspian asked with a grin as he sat back.

"I-pfft...she's stunning," I said.

"What does she look like?" He asked as he sipped on his milkshake.

"Umm, brown eyes, curly hair, she has a birthmark above her lip, dimples, curvy body, nice ti-"

"I think I got it," Caspian interrupted with a sad smile. His happy persona was gone and I raised my brow. I didn't know what caused the sudden change in his personality but it was strange.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He cleared his throat and laughed. "Yeah, I'm good. I wanted to ask you something."

"Go for it."

"What are you doing Friday night?" He asked excitedly.

"Tomorrow?" I asked as I picked up my burger. I took a bit and looked at Caspian who seemed to be thinking. After a few moments, he nodded as if he had made up his mind about something.

"Yeah, are you busy?"

"Nope, not at all," I said.

"Cleo is going out with a few friends of hers. One of them being the new Queen of The Underworld Lucifer told you about," Caspian said.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at the sound of that. When my father told me someone else had taken over, I was pissed. I was supposed to be the king. But as I thought about it from his perspective, I calmed down. I died, they moved on, the world moved on.

It was shitty but I'd get the throne back eventually though.

"The Queen of the Underworld is getting drinks with you guys?" I asked.

"Yup, she's a friend of ours," he said as he stuffed a couple of French fries in his mouth.

"Hmm, I'd love to meet my replacement," I said dryly.

"Great!" He said mischievously. "Don't mention this to Cleo or Xavier until we get there, please."

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"I want it to be a surprise."

Caspian

What the fuck am I doing? Let me stop acting like it was a fucking surprise to myself that I went against the agreement. Well, technically, I wasn't breaking any promises. I said I wouldn't tell him about his and Queen's past. Never said I wouldn't secretly have them bump into one another.

Xavier and Cleo would be extremely pissed if they found out about it but I couldn't care about that right now. I put myself in Syn's shoes and I would've wanted to remember Cleo and Xavier, regardless of the danger.