139. 𝑆𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝐼𝑡

Queen

I peaked my head out of the door when I heard the front door close and I tiptoed my way back downstairs. I saw Abel sitting at the kitchen counter deep in thought and I looked around. "Are they gone?"

"Yes, they are."

"Okay, good," I said in relief as I adjusted the cream ruched mini dress. "I need to get going."

"On your date?" He asked.

"It's not a date," I muttered as I walked to the printer in the living room. I made sure I had two copies of the contract and put them in designated folders before putting them into my purse.

"It's not a date, but you dressed up?" He asked.

"How am I dressed up?" I asked. "It's just a dress."

"Hence the word dressed up," he muttered. "Where is Saint?"

"I got Lucifer to babysit tonight," I said. "I'm going to pick him up in the morning."

"You don't trust me to babysit?" He laughed softly.

I don't trust God. I trusted Abel immensely, but with his close connection to God, I couldn't risk leaving Saint with him tonight. If he somehow pulled something miraculous, I didn't need God to see it.

"You seemed like you needed a break," I said. He yawned and I tilted my head in his direction. "Or some sleep..."

"No, not yet. I need to finish my work," he said as he stretched.

"Mhmm," I hummed. "Don't die before I get back please."

"I'll try my best," he mumbled. "Have fun."

"I won't."

꧁꧂

I walked into the entrance of the restaurant and the host greeted me with a large smile. "Hello, your highness."

"Hi," I said slowly as I looked around the empty restaurant. "Are you guys closed?"

"No, Mr. SinClaire reserved the restaurant for the rest of the night."

"Oh, shit," I muttered.

"If you'll follow me, your highness," she said as she walked past her podium. I nodded and followed her deeper into the dimly lit restaurant. We walked into a corridor that led to a back room, and she gestured at it when we reached it. "He's in there. We'll bring in your courses in a few minutes and then we won't disturb either of you for the rest of the night."

"Wait, wha—..." I mumbled as she walked away from me. The only thing that stood between me and Syn, was a thin door that I'm sure he could hear my breathing through.

I pushed the door opened and my breath caught as my eyes landed on Syn. He was sitting at the table reading his own version of what looked like the contract, and I slowly entered the room. His eyes still hadn't acknowledged my presence, but I took my chance to look at him.

Of course, he looked as good as he always did. His sleeves were rolled up on his muscular forearms as he tapped the pen against his lip. "Sit down, Queen. We have quite a bit to discuss."

Well, hello to you too.

Instead of voicing my thoughts, I sat down in the seat across from him and pulled out one of the contracts I had printed. I set it down neatly in front of me and tucked my hair behind my ears before looking down at it.