32. 𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑊𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑀𝑒

Queen

"Why would I be going to jail?" He asked.

I don't know whether it was because of our situation right now, or the comfort he brought me, but I didn't feel the need to hide anything from him anymore. He assured me that he could protect himself and I trusted that. Besides, I'd try to hang on with Dimitri, but I'm not sure I'd survive.

The elevator began moving up and my eyes widened and I looked to Syn. "He said he'd be back, we need to leave," I said in a frightened voice.

Syn shook his head and held me against him. "Let him come, I'll kill him. You don't need to be scared of him."

"I'm not scared of him," I said as I looked at the increasing numbers above the elevator door. Dimitri got off earlier on the ninth floor and we were on the fourth now.

"Then what are you scared of?" He asked.

Floor 5.

Floor 6.

"I'm scared that you'll be caught in a bloody elevator, with a bloody and bruised Queen in your arms," I said. He looked at me and around the elevator and my head began to throb.

Floor 8.

Floor 9.

"Nothing will happen to me," he urged insistently.

I shook my head and before the elevator could open, I got up with a wince and pressed on the emergency stop button. I held onto the rail weakly and took deep breaths to ease the pain.

"Queen why-"

His phone began ringing and he ignored it as he faced me. "Pick it up," I said.

He sighed and pulled out his phone and put it on speaker. "What is it, Cleo?"

"I know you know the truth about Queen," she said quickly.

Syn pinched the bridge of his nose and I furrowed my brows. I wasn't aware that anyone knew at all. That was the entire point of keeping this all a secret.

"How?" Syn asked.

"Caspian told me," she said in an urgent voice.

"Why?"

"Because the police are surrounding the building. Dimitri told the news and reporters in here that Queen was missing," she said quickly.

"Are you fucking serious?" I groaned as I rolled my eyes. I knew he loved the media but I didn't know he'd go as far as to have the police involved. Especially considering what type of person he was.

"So what?" Syn asked. "She's not missing."

"They think she is," Cleo said. "But that's not all, a few witnesses along with Dimitri say that you've been harassing her all night and you were with last."

"That's not true at all," He said in annoyance. "I didn't talk to Queen at all tonight."

"That's still not all..." Cleo said.

"What?!"

"Caspian was listening in on a conversation between the officers here and they saw some footage on the elevator cameras," she said.

I felt a small flicker of hope at her words. If they have footage of what happened in here that would mean that they saw what Dimitri did. That would clear Syn from whatever manhunt Dimitri has the police on.

"What was on the footage?" I asked.

"Well there were a lot of missing parts but they saw Syn in an elevator with you passed out and bleeding on the floor," she whispered. "Everyone down here thinks you're dead or hurt except us."