53. 𝐼 𝐵𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑆𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒

Syn

Anger and a combination of jealousy coursed through my veins as Queen ran past me and into the man's arms. I remained frozen in the doorway as I watched them embrace one another and I shook my head. Did she have another boyfriend besides Dimitri?

The man turned to me and smiled mischievously as he held her and tilted his head in my direction. "You might want to close the door, you're on the run after all."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the bears from the hall. I walked into the apartment and closed the door behind me before tossing the bears on the couch. I remained apprehensive of the man and watched them with a cautious gaze as I walked towards them and removed her from his arms.

I moved her behind me and gave him a tight-lipped smile as I held my hand out. I held back my rage for Queen but I was getting beyond pissed to see how friendly they were.

"I'm Syn, her fiancé," I said smoothly.

He peeked behind me and gave Queen a wink before accepting my hand in his. "I know who you are, my name is Hades."

"Hades as in, leader-"

"Leader of the demons, yes."

I nodded slowly and glanced at Queen before I looked back at him. "And you two are?"

"Just friends," Queen corrected.

"Yes," he agreed. "If there was anyone in this room I'd be interested in romantically, it'd be you," he said to me flirtatiously.

I dropped his hand and walked away from them to get a bottle of water from the fridge. He laughed along with Queen from behind me and I rolled my eyes.

"Wait, how did you get here? Why are you here?"

"Well, I'm a genius. I can find anyone and also you left something at the palace that I wanted to bring to you."

"What?" She asked.

I tensed as I heard her closet door open and I walked back towards them. I remained on guard as a large giant walked out and looked down at us with a huge smile.

"Bezy!" Queen cheered excitedly as she hugged him. He lifted her off the ground and the room shook as he laughed loudly and spun her around.

"Queen!"

After setting her down he turned to me and ran towards me. I shook my head quickly and held my hand up in refusal but he picked me up as if I weighed nothing and embraced me. "Put me down," I ordered.

He ignored me as everyone laughed and when he set me down I rolled my eyes and moved away from them.

"Why are you all here?" I asked. "Were you followed?"

"No, we weren't followed," he assured. "And we're here to bring you home, your majesty."

"I'm not going home, Hades."

"I'm afraid you don't have much of a choice. Dimitri has taken over and so far, all of the funds are going to the vampires. Demons, fae, werewolves, humans, and witches are barely getting by. The leaders are having to pay out of their own pockets to keep everything together."

"Shit," Queen muttered as she ran a hand through her hair. "How's he doing with the public image?"

"Possibly better than he's ever done. The realms are assuming your dead so right now he's a man that just lost his wife. Everyone is soaking up his bullshit," he said in disdain as he adjusted the tie on his suit.

"How do you know it's bullshit?" I asked. "A lot of people don't."

"I'm great at reading people, and when you both disappeared, I decided to do a little bit of investigating of my own," he said.