87. 𝑁𝑜 𝑀𝑜𝑟𝑒

Queen

My head began to throb from my sobbing and Syn wrapped his arms around me. At that moment, nothing else that happened mattered to me. Lilith was the furthest thing from my mind and all I could think about was that Syn was back...completely.

He was here with me for months now but knowing that he now remembered me, us, everything we went through...I was beyond exhilarated.

"I've missed you too," he said.

I pulled away from him and looked at him for a long time before slapping him on the arm.

"Ouch. What was that for?" He asked in an unfazed voice.

"For saving me. Thank you...but I'm mad at you."

"Of course you are," he said with a smile. "Be mad at me later, I need to check on Bezy."

"Why?"

He gave me a look and I held my hands up. "Never mind, go ahead. I'll take the bags to the room."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," I urged as I walked back down the steps. Before I could make it to the bags, Syn pulled my hand and pulled me to face him. I looked at him in confusion before he gave me a quick kiss on the lips and strode up the steps back into the palace.

I bit the inside of my cheek to hold back the smile coming on my face and picked up the bags. I had no idea how Syn managed to carry them with ease since I struggled up the steps.

I walked into the cool palace and a servant carrying her a baby approached me. "Do you need help, your highness?" She asked as she bounced the crying baby in her arms.

"Umm," I hummed with a smile as I eyed her. "Do you?"

She looked at me and then the baby and laughed softly. "This is my first and I have no idea what I'm doing." The smile on her face seemed forced and her eyes were red and puffy.

"How old?"

"He's four months."

"Aww," I said as I looked at the adorable crying bundle of joy in her arms.

"He looks like an angel but he's pure evil," she said with a forced laugh.

"I think the first is always hard, right?"

"Yes, definitely," she said. "I've been up for almost three days with this big boy. I'm trying to find a babysitter but I'm having no luck, so I apologize for bringing him here today."

"No worries," I said. "If you want I can watch him for a few hours so you can get some sleep?"

"I couldn't do that, your majesty," she laughed softly.

"I don't mind. I want you to get some sleep anyway."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure," I said. "Just let me drop off these bags and I'll take him."

I adjusted the bags on my shoulders and began walking up the steps and she followed behind me. "Thank you for this, you have no idea how much this means to me."

"No problem."

We made the long walk to Syn's room and I opened his door and set the bags down. "Oof, here we are."

She held the baby out to me and I smiled as I took him into my arms and rocked slightly. The baby almost stopped crying instantly and looked up at me with big brown eyes.

"You're a natural," she said.

"Ehh, I'm okay." I looked back up at her and raised a brow. "Do I need to feed him anything?"