105. 𝐼 𝑊𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑌𝑜𝑢...𝑂𝑟 𝑌𝑜𝑢?

Cain

After his question, I took my father to Queen and they introduced him to the baby. I expected him to be more freaked out than he actually was but he was fine. It didn't seem to phase him that he could potentially be holding the being that may eventually kill us all.

I looked around the room to see everyone enjoying themselves with each other and I leaned against the wall. My father glanced at me multiple times to join them but I politely declined with an eye roll every time.

After his explanation, I understood why he did what he did, but things weren't going to be fixed within minutes. It's been millennia of pain and heartache, I needed a while.

My father wasn't even the biggest problem on my hands at the moment. It was Abel. I killed him and treated him like shit even though he wasn't at fault. I still didn't like him one bit but how much of his actions were his own?

I had a feeling that God may have been responsible for him and Mia conveniently meeting, but I couldn't exactly ask Abel yet. Even if he was the reason, it seemed like he fell in love regardless.

My phone buzzed in my hand and I was reminded of my obligations for tonight.

Mia: Everything is ready. Just waiting on you to decide on a movie.

Me: Ok.

With a sigh, I excused myself from the room and walked down the hall. My room was far from everyone else's, but it was close to Mia's. A mistake of course, now even when I needed space, there was no escaping seeing her.

After a few minutes, I was at her door. As if she heard me, she opened the door before I could knock. "Hey," she said as she smiled up at me.

I lifted my hoodie over my head and shoved my hands into my pockets as I nodded and walked in. Like always, there were a couple of pizza boxes on the bed along with snacks and drinks and I took a seat at my usual spot in the bed.

Mia closed the door and hopped onto her side and picked up the remote as she glanced at me. "Do you want to choose what we watch?"

"Anything is fine," I shrugged.

She scoffed and I looked down at the floor. "Anything at all?"

"Sure."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said as I shook my head. I felt her hand move to my shoulder and I flinched away from her touch. "Let's just watch the movie. We don't need to talk."

"Then what's the point?" She asked.

I shrugged and pulled out my phone but she pulled it out of my hands and held it behind her back. "Give me my phone, Mia."

"Not until you talk to me."

"If you don't give it to me, I'll take it and leave."

"Talk to me first," she argued.

I blew out an irritated breath and stood up from the bed. I walked to her side to take the phone but she crawled away and laughed as I missed her. "You're being childish," I said.

"And you're being an asshole," she pouted. "We're besties Cain, remember?"

She leaned back onto her hands as she looked at me slyly and I rolled my eyes again. Since she was playing around, I would have to as well. I crawled onto the bed and I ignored the way her legs slightly parted.

I looked directly into her eyes and let my gaze flick down to her lips before looking back at her again. When I leaned in closer, her breath hitched and she closed her eyes. I took my chance to get my phone while she was distracted, and got off the bed.