118. 𝐿𝑒𝑡 𝑈𝑠 𝐵𝑒 𝑆𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑠

Queen

I patiently waited for the elevator to go to the level Theo had directed it to, but my feet were dying. I don't know why I always wore these heels when they did this shit to me.

"Why do we always need to meet in hotels?" I asked.

"C'est discret," he said smoothly. I gave him a "really" look and he gave me a charming look before shaking his head. "It's discreet, chérie."

"Is paparazzi that crazy about you?" I teased.

"Of course," he joked cockily.

The elevator door dinged open and we walked down a long hall. There were hardly any rooms up here since they were suites, but I didn't mind the extra privacy. I looked up to see Hades slowly pacing the area and when he saw us, he rolled his eyes.

"Pourquoi as-tu mis si longtemps?!" Hades asked in annoyance. (Why did you take so long?)

"J'aime ton ami," Theo answered as he glanced down at me. (I like your friend.) I looked up at him in confusion and he winked down at me. I always hated these meetings for this specific reason.

Theo and Hades would spend most of the time bickering in French, which many of us didn't know. I guess the small arguments were expected from brothers, but they were intense.

"Queen, come," Hades spoke. "Just ignore him like usual."

"Got it," I laughed as I walked towards him. He took my hand and lead me inside the suite where we were greeted with the sound of classical music. The few other guests bowed as I walked in and I smiled at them before walking down the steps.

I had missed the last few meetings for the past few months, but thankfully Hades stood in my position. Meetings were usually scheduled, but I had no idea this one was coming until I saw Theo's text message.

Of course, he hid them with annoyingly flirty words, but it was always the same location. "Why are we here again?" I asked Hades.

"I have no idea," he muttered as he grabbed two glasses of champagne from the tray. He passed me one and I thanked him before taking it from his hand and taking a sip.

I needed some type of liquor anyways from the day that I had. I walked around and greeted a few people that I recognized. Most of them were concerned with how I was feeling after what happened with Dimitri, but I knew they truly didn't care.

The only thing people in this room truly cared about was power. It would actually benefit them for me to die. With that thought in mind, none of their apologies seemed sincere.

The clinking of glass made us all turn to the living room and I raised a brow as I saw Theo standing on a chair. "Hello everybody," he said. Everyone greeted him in return and we waited in confusion for him to continue. "I called this meeting."

"This fucker," Hades groaned from beside me.

I snickered at the disdain for his brother's theatrics and I looked forward. "As you all know," he began. "I've been living in Paris all my life. My English is not good..." he trailed off as he snapped his fingers. "Translator."

Everyone remained quiet to look around at who he could've called and Hades rolled his eyes. Theo snapped his fingers once again and Hades angrily passed me his drink before walking next to his brother.

"La prochaine fois dépêche toi. C'était embarrassant," Theo said with a large grin on his face. (Next time hurry up. It was embarrassing.)

"Va te faire foutre," Hades said grandly. (Kiss my ass.)

I looked around the small crowd and I was proud to see that I wasn't the only one who was lost at what they were saying. I needed to learn French considering we had a lot of business with the demon district over there, but I never got the chance.

Theo whispered something in his brother's ear and Hades turned to us. "He's concerned that there are no portals in France that lead directly to the Underworld."

"The French tried to start a war," someone spoke up.

Hades translated what the woman said and then turned back to us when he got Theo's response. "That was decades ago."

Theo pulled Hades to him again and I watched as Hades' eyes widened. "Je ne dis pas ça." (I'm not saying that.)

"Dis-le!" Theo yelled. (Say it!)

"Oh my fucking," Hades groaned as he rubbed his face. He finally turned towards me and gave me an apologetic look before taking a deep breath. "He says he'd like to visit the Queen on a daily basis and see her beauty."

I sighed and shook my head. Every time Theo was in the Underworld, he tried to get me to go out with him. Since the moment we met, he's been pinning for me and he made it well known. We were in a meeting and exchanging numbers and he made his "Chérie❤️". I didn't even know what it meant until I asked Hades.

I was annoyed that we were called here for such a stupid reason and I realized this was going to be a long night. The only thing that made this meeting somewhat bearable was that it was delaying the inevitable. The longer I stayed here, the more time I'd have to think of what to say to Syn.

Everyone else's voice faded into the background as I thought about Syn. Even though he hurt me, I hoped he was okay. It was rare that he ever cried so it terrified me that I saw it.

My phone buzzed in my hand and I sighed and I picked it up. My heart stopped when I saw a notification from Syn and I hesitantly opened it.

SynnyPooh❤️: We're done. Let us be nothing more than strangers when we see one another.
7:59 p.m.

I furrowed my brows in confusion and my heart splintered as I read the break-up text. There was no reason included and I was completely lost on what I did to evoke the reactions that I got from him today.

I left the room and went to the restroom quickly and tried dialing his number. It went straight to voicemail and I sent multiple texts that went undelivered and unread. My makeup was ruined from my tears and I sniffled as I typed in Xavier's number.

A small bit of relief filled me as I found that his phone was at least ringing but after a while, it went to voicemail as well. I tried Caspian to get the same result and oddly enough, the same happened with Cleo.

What could they possibly be doing for none of them to answer the phone?

꧁꧂

Author's Note
Not y'all doubting our bb Queen😭 We all knew she was loyal 😔

Never doubted her for a sec👀🤭 I feel so bad for her though, she has no idea what's going on

I feel so bad for her though, she has no idea what's going on. And this is the very first time that Syn has ever been the one to end things💀 WOW.
Lmk your thoughts ✨