52. 𝐴𝑛𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑟 𝑀𝑒

Queen

At my shock, a smile slowly spread across Syn's lips and a chuckle emerged from them. I looked at him wide-eyed for a few moments until I shook my head and realized what was going.

"Stop playing," I muttered.

"I'm not playing."

"Then why are you laughing?"

"Because you look terrified," he said.

I nervously looked around the empty patio and then back at him. Was he being serious right now? He hardly "met" me a few weeks ago and now he was proposing.

"Marry me," he repeated in amusement.

"Why?"

"You really asked me why," he said deadpanned.

"Yes."

He remained quiet and looked away from me before scoffing and standing up from his chair abruptly. He tossed a few bills onto the table and I looked up in confusion as he held a hand out for me.

"W-we haven't even eaten," I stuttered.

"That can wait," he countered impatiently.

I looked between the table and him but before I could make a decision he took my hand and practicality dragged me out of the restaurant.

"Syn, what the hell!"

He ignored me as we walked down the street and I rolled my eyes. I finally managed my pull my arm away from his grip and I glared at him. I was surprised to see that his anger was matching mine and he glanced behind me.

"Syn-,"

"Shut up," he ordered through gritted teeth.

My mouth dropped but before venom could be spewed out of my mouth, he grabbed my arm again and pulled me with him. I gasped as he picked me up and we sped through the street. I closed my eyes as I felt the cool wind on my face and I opened them when my feet were planted on the ground.

I looked around at the dark alley we were now in and I looked at Syn who was calmly leaning against the opposite wall.

"What was that for?" I snapped.

"We were being followed," he said.

"By who?"

"Some guy I saw earlier when we went out, I didn't think much of it until I saw him at the restaurant."

"What if it was a coincidence?"

"No such thing."

I shivered as I felt another breeze engulf me and I wrapped my arms around myself. Syn made long strides towards me and removed the jacket he was wearing to put it over my shoulders.

"I'm sorry," I whispered as I looked up at him.

He looked down at me and raised a brow. "For not answering my proposal or for fighting me?"

"The second one," I answered.

"You're fine," he said as he turned his back to me and walked away.

I followed a short distance behind him and watched his tall frame make long strides through the empty streets. "Are you mad at me?" I asked loudly.

He stopped walking and let me catch up with him before he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Why would I be mad at you?"

"Because I didn't answer you," I said.

At my words, he stopped walking and turned to look down at me. "Queen, I'm more than in love with you and I know you're one hundred percent the person I want to be with forever. You haven't seen me in over three years and I come back a person you don't know, I understand if you want to wait."