28. 𝐷𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑘𝑒𝑛 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠

Syn

After Queen's departure, I had no idea what to do with myself. I was feeling more than I could handle and I needed a distraction. Fast. I went to the nearest bar in the underworld and drowned myself in liquor.

I didn't know how much I drank, but it was enough that I couldn't see past a few feet without focusing my vision. The only reason I drank more was that I could still distinctively make out the voices chattering around about me.

"He's alive?"

"Is he going to kill us?"

"What is he doing here?"

I turned in my seat and raised my middle fingers to the seated guests in the bar. "Fuck off all of you!"

They quickly silenced themselves and I turned back to my drink. I laid my forearms on the table and stared down into the golden concoction that was supposed to get supernaturals inebriated. I didn't think it would work, but here I was going crazy.

Queen truly pulled a number on me. What was I thinking begging her to stay with me? I didn't think she truly loved Dimitri at first, but how could she watch me die in front of her yet choose him? It had to be for love or power, maybe both.

I planned to help her but it seemed like that was the furthest thing from her mind. In my head, I had cursed her, called her every single name in the book thirty times...yet I was still stuck on her.

Fuck her. Truly.

I would've loved to throw my hands up and give up every feeling or memory I had of her, but life was shitty. And it would make me relive images of her over and over again.

"Excuse me?" Someone said from beside me. I squinted as I glanced in the direction to see a woman with sunglasses and a black leather jacket on. Her hair was dark as night and she gave me a wide grin. "Is this seat taken?" She asked nicely.

I shrugged and she took a seat beside me. I glanced around at the multiple chairs surrounding us and frowned that she had chosen to sit next to me. "Why did you sit here?" I muttered as I picked up my glass.

"Don't you think you've had enough to drink?" She asked.

I scoffed and shot her a "really" look. "Let's not do that. I don't know you."

"Got it," she said with a small laugh. "And I chose to sit next to you because you seemed lonely."

"I prefer being alone."

"I'm not sure that's true," she argued. I rolled my eyes and I felt her eyes on me, studying me. "What is it that brings you here? Heartbreak, death, or unemployment?"

"What?" I asked.

"It's usually one of the three, isn't it?"

"Fuck if I know," I mumbled.

"You can talk to me," she said. "I'm just a stranger anyway, you'll never see me again. Isn't that what people say? It's easier to talk to a stranger? I mean-"

"You talk a lot," I said with a grimace as my head began to ache.

"And you don't talk enough. I'll shut up if you speak."

With a sigh, I ordered another drink and confessed everything to her. I told her about my death, my daughter dying, my memories...every single problem I've had these past few weeks, was loaded onto the poor woman.

"Wow that's a lot," she said as she sat back.

"Yup," I nodded. I glanced at her and noticed no drink in her hand at a bar and I frowned. "Would you like something to drink?"