27. 𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑦 𝑊𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑀𝑒

Queen

I knew I felt something in my room, but I didn't think it would hurt this much. I'd never seen him as vulnerable as he looked now. My eyes fell back down on the photos on his bed and he waited for me to say something. I just didn't know how.

I would've loved to tell him everything I knew, but Lucifer asked me not to tell him about our past. So how did he find out?

"How do you know abo-"

"What happened to her?!" He asked angrily as he stood up. I looked up at him from the bed and he stared me down with a look I had never seen on him. His red eyes were burning holes in my soul and I was paralyzed to my spot on the bed.

After everything we'd been through, this was the one thing that made him angrier than I've ever seen before. "Syn," I said cautiously. "Sit down."

"Fucking tell me, Queen!"

"She was killed," I answered.

"By who?"

"The Seers," I said quietly as I fidgeted with my fingers in my lap.

"When?" He asked.

"Shortly after you died."

"Why would they do that? I gave them my soul in exchange for hers," he growled. My head moved in his direction at the words and I shook my head.

"What are you talking about?"

"I remember them coming to take her, but I gave up my soul and they told me they'd leave her alone."

"Syn, you never told me that," I whispered as my heart raced. "Why didn't you tell me?! I could've bargained with them if I knew!"

"Don't," he seethed as he held up a finger at me. "I don't remember you being there and if I didn't tell you I'm sure I had a damn good reason."

"She was my daughter. What good reason could there have been?!" I screamed. My thoughts went back to that day and my breath caught. If I had known that Syn made a deal with them, I could've brought it up.

But he kept it from me.

My anger may have been misplaced, but I glared at him and he scoffed at me. "You have no room to be upset at me. I'm not the man who kept it from you. He's gone."

I hated to admit it but he was right. I couldn't be angry at him for an action he didn't remember committing. What truly hurt the most about his words were the last two, he's gone.

I looked up at Syn as he gripped his hair and looked up at the ceiling. Tears were streaming down his face and I could feel his heartbreak as if it were my own. For me, it had been three years since she passed, but for him, it was now.

"Syn," I said softly as I stood up.

He looked down at me and his body shook as his eyes shined with fresh tears. "I can'-...I can't do this." He sat down at the edge of the bed and buried his face in his hands as he broke down.

I cried partly because of how much I missed Xavia, but a greater part of me couldn't bear to see Syn the way he was right now. This was my first time I had ever seeing him cry. Usually, it was the other way around with us.

I stepped between his legs and he wrapped his arms around my hips as he sobbed. My eyes closed, and I tried my best to comfort him, just as he would've done with me.

"I'm going to kill them all," he whispered.

"I know," I replied in a broken voice as I hugged his head.