43. 𝑊ℎ𝑜'𝑠 𝐼𝑛 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑙?

S̶̶e̶̶b̶̶a̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶a̶̶n̶̶

Dimitri Russo

I sat back unwillingly as I watched Sebastian
continue his attempts to hurt Queen and Syn. I tried desperately to fight him from doing horrible things but after all these years, he had overpowered me. I was now nothing but a weak voice in the back of his mind.

What are you doing now? I asked him.

"Don't worry." He chuckled and sat down in an office chair as he kept our eyes on a plain wall in front of us. He made it a habit to look elsewhere when he was doing something sinister, so I wouldn't try to take control and warn someone.

There was only one time I managed to truly do it before and although it was the best thing I ever did, he just wouldn't stop hurting people.

2 Years Ago

"What are we doing here?" I asked Sebastian as I watched us walk into a nightclub.

"Just here to have fun," he said slyly.

I could clearly see and hear him interacting with my friends as if it were me and I hated every second of it. This had to be my fault. Was I that insignificant to the people around me that they couldn't tell there was an abrupt personality change?

For instance, at this very second, Sebastian was drinking. A lot. But none of them said anything just like all the other times he grabbed drinks with them.

They knew I never drank. So why didn't they question it? The bitter pill and hard truth about the matter was that they didn't give a shit about me. They didn't care that I drank now and didn't before. Or that I now yelled at staff, when it was previously against my character.

Not a single one of them pointed out a difference. But they did point out one thing. Sebastian was a lot more frugal than I was...

"Dude, come on, Dimitri," I heard Alec whine as he pat my shoulder. "What happened to you? You've become so cheap!" He said with a laugh as he chugged a bottle of alcohol.

Sebastian laughed in response and shook my head. "I've always been like this, dumbass."

They all laughed together and cheered when Sebastian gave in to their request to spend more money. That was yet another disparity with us. Sebastian, with the right influence, could be talked into anything. He was mentally weak, naive...desperate to be liked.

I, on the other hand, was none of those. Which made this all the more disgusting to watch. My friends used to call me rigid and uptight...so why didn't "my" sudden aloofness not trigger any curiosity?

I had to come to terms with the fact that my "friends", weren't truly my friends. I suppose it's what I get for surrounding myself with business partners instead of true friends.

"We need to get laid tonight!" I heard Kai yell. Sebastian turned in his direction and laughed as they clinked glasses.

Possession wasn't new to me but laughter was always something that caught me off guard. I'd feel my body shaking with joy and excitement yet I mentally and emotionally wanted to die.

If someone, just one person, had the balls to kill me...I'd get rid of this asshole and come back as myself in a few days. I suppose if I really wanted, I could gather all my strength and push myself up to consciousness.

It wouldn't take much for me to pick at Alec's weak ego and have him beat me to death. The only reason I didn't was that I'd seen some of the things Sebastian had done to people.