41. 𝐼 𝐻𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑇𝑜 𝐺𝑜

Syn

Queen ran out of the booth and almost tripped over the bodies as she rushed to our daughter. Xavia laughed at her clumsiness and my chest soared as I looked at her. She looked almost the same except a bit older, which it seemed like I could blame on how tired she looked.

Xavia wrapped her arms around Queen and Queen began sobbing. She smiled at me over her mother's shoulder and I walked towards them and joined the hug. We remained in that position for I don't know how long until Xavia pulled away.

She looked around nervously and then back to us. "You need to leave," she said.

Queen wiped her tears and sniffled as she took Xavia's hands into hers. "Okay, let's go then."

I took Queen's other hand and we moved to walk but Xavia stayed still. She looked off down the road solemnly and I walked back to her. "You're not coming with us, are you?"

She wiped a start tear that had fallen down her cheek and quickly shook her head. "I can't right now."

"Why not?" Queen asked.

"It's too dangerous for me. Grandpa let me out, but Heaven is looking for me," she said.

"Adam?" Queen whispered.

Xavia smiled and nodded. "Yes, he wanted me to tell you that he loves the both of you."

Queen smiled as she fiddled with her hands and I wrapped an arm around her shoulder. She leaned into my arms but her attention was still on Xavia. "Come with us," Queen said desperately.

I closed my eyes and kissed the top of her head. My sweet Princess. This was going to hurt her but I understood why Xavia couldn't come. As soon as I saw the look on her face and heard the words from her mouth, it made sense.

"Mom, I need to take care of some things," she said as she took Queen's hands into hers. "I promise when I'm done I'll be back." I didn't know I believed her since tears were falling down her face but I remained quiet.

"Can't we help you take care of it?" Queen urged.

A sob broke out of Xavia as she looked at Queen and I pulled her into a hug. She sobbed into my chest as Queen rubbed her back and I closed my eyes. There was something more going on, but she wouldn't tell us. I would've pushed her to tell us but I knew she wouldn't budge, she was my daughter after all. 

She moved away again after a few seconds and took a deep breath as she looked back at Queen. "Mom, I'll explain one day but I can't be with you both right now. I need you both safe and for the time being, that's not with me."

"It's not your job to protect us though, we're the parents," Queen said softly.

"I know, and one day you will need to protect me," she said. "But as of right now, I need to protect everyone. Heaven is planning something big and I can stop it."

Queen looked down at their intertwined hands and nodded before looking back up at her. "Okay."

"Is there anything we can do?" I asked.

"Honestly, I just want the both of you to go out, have fun, fall in love. Give me another love story worth watching when I'm in your minds again."

My brows furrowed and I looked down at her. "What do you mean when you're in our minds again?" I asked.

Xavia smiled at me and took a deep breath. "Everything will make sense one day soon, I promise. For now, remember your promise, dad?"

"One hundred dates?"