4. 𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝐴 𝑆𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟

Syn

"I..." Lucifer hugged me and I froze at his touch. It's not as if I didn't want to hug him, there were just more too many things on my mind right now. One pressing one was why I was here. I was shot. I died. And now I was chained to a cell that I used to torture people in the past. Confused wasn't the word to describe how I was feeling.

"Unchain me, maybe?" I said.

Jack came behind me and removed the chains that held me. My father remained hugging me and I let him continue until he pulled away. He wiped his eyes and looked up at me with a grin. "My son."

"Hey," I mumbled awkwardly as I rubbed my wrists.

"It's been so long," he laughed as he laid a hand on my shoulder.

"How long exactly?"

"Almost three years," he said as he sobbed. My eyes widened as I looked down at him. I had never seen him cry before so this was awkward, to say the least. I stood there as he cried and after a few moments I nervously pat his shoulder to calm him.

3 yearIt felt like it was only yesterday that everything happened. Hearing that it was three years ago sounded insane.

"How is everyone?" I asked.

"Umm," he said as he stood up straight again. "You can see them."

"Okay," I whispered.

My father hurried to the wall to create a portal and I looked around the room as I stretched. It felt like I was only here a few days ago and tortured...and tortured...I closed my eyes and tried to remember who but I couldn't.

My eyes landed on Jack who gave me a nervous smile. "I'm sorry, your majesty. There have been clones of you, we didn't know."

"Clones of me?" I asked.

"I'll explain later," my father said as he stood up.

I walked forward to go to the portal and I heard a crinkling underneath my foot. I stepped away to look down at the paper my father had read and picked it up. My brows furrowed as I read the note.

"Who's Queen?" I asked. He mentioned the name earlier and now it was on the note.

He walked over to me and laughed as he took the note from my hands. "I wrote the note to you on you and you died with it in your pocket I guess. Don't you remember?" He asked.

I felt like there was more to it but he had no reason to lie to me and I wouldn't cause a big deal over a note from years ago. I'd ask questions later but right now there seemed to be more important things.

My father ushered me into the portal and I stepped onto a grey marble floor. I looked around at the modern mansion and my eyes landed on James sitting on the couch. His eyes were wide and his fork was midway to his mouth in shock. He looked as if he had seen a ghost and I smiled at him, knowing he must've felt that way if I was gone all this time.

"I thought you were in bed," My father said nervously.

James dropped his fork and his plate clattered to the floor with a crash as he ran to me. I lifted him as he wrapped his arms around me and he broke down in my arms. "You're a lot heavier than last time," I joked.

"You're alive?" He choked out.

"Obviously," I said.

He continued crying and my father crossed his arms as he looked at us happily. My eyes roamed around the room and when they landed on the TV, I gasped. "You continued our show without me?" I asked in an offended tone.