107. 𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝐵𝑒 𝑀𝑎𝑑

Syn

Queen kissed my hand and bopped to the music as we waited in the parking lot of the pizza place. We were both shocked when Cain called us at almost five in the morning to get him, but we were up. Since he called me, I was planning to get him alone, but Queen insisted that she come too.

Since Adam was up, he insisted on watching the baby which was completely fine. Saint seemed to have grown attached to him anyway. Whenever anyone tried to remove him from Adam's arms earlier, he cried. We were only finally able to pick him up when he fell asleep.

"Are you sure this is the place?" Queen asked.

"Yes, this is the address he sent me," I said as I double-checked my phone. Queen looked at it with me and when I got a notification, I tried to grab my phone but she took it first.

"It said someone liked your post, Syn," she said. "What did you post?"

"Myself," I said as I cringed at the half-truth. I thought my notifications were off, but this was going to be hell if Queen saw the pictures I took.

"Aww," she said as she passed my phone back to me. I let out a sigh of relief until she pulled her phone out and I took it from her hands. "Why'd you take my phone? I want to see your post."

"You can look at it later," I said as I slipped both of our phones into my sweats pocket. "Right now is quality time." I took her hand in mine and kissed it and smiled in victory as she forgot all about our phones.

"That's so cute," she said with a shy smile. "I'm going to still look at the post later, but you're cute, Syn."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. She'd probably see it soon anyway. Not showing her now was only delaying the inevitable. I took her phone out of my pocket and held it out for her as I looked out of the window.

As soon as she took it from my hand, I grabbed my lighter and pack of cigarettes and left the car. I leaned against the driver's door and lit my cigarette as I waited for Queen's reaction. I took a long drag of the cigarette as I looked up at the dawning sky and relaxed.

A scream from inside of the car tore my focus away from my relaxation and I winced. She had to have seen it by now. "Syn! What the fuck?!" I heard her yell from inside the car.

I kept my back facing the door and laughed softly at her outburst. She must've gotten tired of me ignoring her because the next thing I heard was her door opening and her footsteps coming around the car.

She waved the smoke from in front of me as she glared up at me and I held in my lips to keep from laughing. "Syn, why would you do this to me?"

"You looked adorable," I said in a strained voice as a laugh escaped from my mouth.

"No," she argued as she swiped on her phone. "You looked adorable. I look like a fucking potato in this picture." I shook my head at her dramatic attitude but when she turned the phone to show me the picture, a laugh rumbled from deep within me.

I'd never call Queen a potato, nor did she look like one. But her saying it and showing me the picture within the same second broke me. "Syn, this is not funny," she said as she pouted and laughed softly. "One hundred million people just saw me sleeping and I'm an ugly sleeper. You know this."

She turned her phone back to her and looked at it again when she gasped loudly. She held her hand above her chest as she stepped away from me weakly. Her mouth was parted open and her eyes were watery as she stared up at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Syn, bro," she said as she put her phone into the waistband of her shorts. "Bro..."