48. 𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑇𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔

Queen

He'll never kiss you again.

A part of me deep down couldn't help but think that was the case. I had no romantic feelings for Dimitri at all but these past few days...I haven't been great. My mind didn't seem to be rational when I was sleep-deprived and I've already hurt Syn multiple times.

My only question was why I couldn't have that same fight when it was truly against Dimitri. I'd wake up to see bruises on Syn and me from my doing and Dimitri had no blemishes that were caused by me.

The truth of the matter was that he took a lot of the fight out of me. Syn, on the other hand, made me fearless, stronger, powerful...maybe the subconscious part of me knew that and took advantage.

"Let's just get on with this," I whispered as I sat on the chair I placed in the restroom.

"You realize this has absolutely nothing to do with me not wanting you, right?" He asked. "Not giving in and giving you time to heal is killing me, but I think you need it."

I looked up at him and I could see the honesty in his expression. His hesitance was a way to protect me and for that, I was thankful even though I didn't feel like I wanted it. Even when he didn't remember me he was putting my needs above his.

"Thank you," I said.

"Thank me after I give you the best haircut ever," he said. He leaned off of the counter and removed a towel and placed it onto my shoulders.

"Mhmm, have you ever done this before?" I asked.

"As I said before, it can't be that hard. I've cut stuff before." I locked eyes with him in the mirror and he shrugged. "Trust me, Princess. You can cut my hair afterward."

"Okay," I said with a nod as I sat up straight. I gave myself a confident look in the mirror and took a deep breath. "I'm ready."

"It might be easier if you close your eyes," he said.

I did as he said and I felt him take a portion of my hair and cut it. My breath caught every time I felt the motion of the scissors but I remained calm and quiet.
It continued until the movements no longer bothered me and I relaxed into the chair.

"You're being a very good girl," he said as he kissed my forehead.

"Syn, stopppp," I squealed lowly as I covered my face. He let out a deep chuckle as he continued cutting my hair and I smiled. "I deserve a reward or something, huh?"

He stopped cutting my hair and crouched down to my level. "What type of reward?"

It was in my nature around him to say something sexual or to flirt with him, but I couldn't. After his admission about wanting to take things slow for my sake, I figured I wouldn't make things harder for him.

"Candy, from wherever you're taking me tonight."

He nodded and tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear. "That can be arranged." I grinned at him and he stood up to continue my hair. After ten or so more minutes, he set the scissors down and laid his hands on my shoulders.

"And we're done," he announced.

I finally looked up at the mirror and took in my new hairstyle. Gone were my long curls that went down my back and in its place was a short and curly bob that ended a little bit above my shoulders.

I tilted my head and ran my hands through it. Syn watched me as I tried different styles and after a few moments, I slumped down in my chair and looked at him in our reflection.